“One night package stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Stafford, United Kingdom
“One night package stay”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stopped for a one night package deal which included champagne afternoon tea. Went for our afternoon tea which didnt include sandwiches only scone snd and champagne. We had to pay 8.50 each for some small finger sandwiches. The room was nice and clean tv in bathroom although it didnt work. And our room overlooked the car park which was a shame for an executive room. The evening meal was excellent but wine etc was very expensive. The pool was nice with sauna snd steam room.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near any wedding reception and car park
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hello june63_12,

Thank you for coming to stay with us and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry for any misunderstanding, our recent promotion is inclusive of a champagne cream tea and guests are welcome to upgrade to the full afternoon tea if they wish.

I was pleased to note that the room was nice and clean. My apologies, that the tilevision did not work. The hotel has 70 bedrooms and unfortunately not all the bedrooms have the views of the Cheshire countryside. If you stay with us again and book the same room type, please ask for a room with a view at the time of booking and we will try our very best to accommodate this request for you.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed your evening meal. I am however sorry you felt our wine list was expensive.

The Health Club & Spa facilities are a great way to relax and unwind and with the facilities included in your room rate it is definitely worth a visit.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We spent two nights at Rookery Hall, this was not our first stay and our expectations following our first stay were met in all areas. The staff are courteous and helpful, the rooms are very good, the bath has TV fitted which make a soak after visiting the gym pure joy. The food is excellent and the gym and pool facilities are first class. We will be back again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Paul C,

Lovely to have had the opportunity of welcoming you back and thank you for coming to stay with us and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for the recognition you have given to the team, I am happy to read that all were courteous and helpful.
I’m really pleased to read that you enjoyed your room allocation. What a perfect way to relax after a visit to the gym with a soak in the bath whilst watching the ‘tilevision’.

It is lovely to read that all aspects of your visit you enjoyed and I look forward to welcoming you back.

cheshire
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had a night here for my birthday. We were upgraded to a suite. From the reception onwards we could not fault anything about the hotel and grounds, or any of the staff we encountered. The receptionist was friendly and informative. Dinner in the restaurant was a delight, we recommend the pigs cheek and frogs legs starters, and all the staff, including the restaurant manager Matthew, were fantastic. Breakfast was just as fabulous with a wide choice of food and my Eggs Benedict was cooked to perfection. I would just like to say this was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in, as the entire stay was so relaxing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello chocco148,

Happy Birthday to you and thank you for choosing to celebrate with us.

I am really happy to read that all aspects of your stay you could not fault and that the team looked after you during your visit.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your dining experiences both at dinner and breakfast. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Head Chef and I will be sure to personally thank Matt for looking after you.

That is truly a lovely compliment to receive, that the hotel is one of the nicest you have stayed at, thank you.

Come back and visit us again soon.

Manchester
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Lovely stay with mum and teenage daughters cater for our party well 16-75 years old
Fabulous room fabulous spa and pool
Even better food
I have stayed a few times and never been disappointed
Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2014
Hello HolidayintavirA,

Welcome back to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa. I’m delighted to read that on previous visits and this one you have never been disappointed. Thank you for your recommendation to others also.

I’m really happy that all aspects of your stay you have enjoyed and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We attended a wedding here and stayed the night. First the wedding, the staff were fabulous (in particular I would mention Jane who was an absolute star both in attendance at the wedding and at breakfast next morning), it was a gorgeous venue and everything seemed to run smoothly even when we were clearly behind 'schedule'. There was a really friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Secondly our overnight stay - this was the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. Lovely room and we had a great nights sleep - dark, quiet, still (why is this so difficult to get in most hotels?). Fresh milk in the fridge was a nice touch too. Alas I didn't get to use the spa.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AlanMeerkat
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello AlanMeerkat,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always really nice to receive feedback following weddings that have taken place at the hotel, so thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you for kind comments regarding the team that looked after you on the day. Jane, I do agree is an absolute star and I will be sure to pass on your comments to Jane and her team. Thank you for your feedback regarding the venue itself and the way in which the day was conducted.

We receive lots of positive feedback from our guests regarding our comfy beds so I’m glad you had a great nights sleep following the wedding itself. Our black out curtains certainly aid a good nights sleep.

You will have to return for a leisure stay so that you can enjoy our Health Club & Spa facilities.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I visited just the spa. We both had a great back massage each....would highly recommend! The spa is lovely but a little basic in comparison to other cheaper ones. Only one steam room and sauna for example however a great hydrotherapy pool. My only gripe is the fact there are family swims all day throughout the holidays. If you are looking for a child free break I would recommend other spas in the area. There were several young families splashing about and therefore the spa loses its relaxing atmosphere very quickly. Children are allowed in most of the day during the holidays.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Steph H,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to our Health Club & Spa.

Thank you also for your recommendation to others following your treatment that you both enjoyed.

I’m sorry to note that you felt the Spa is a little basic, but I’m pleased to read that overall you found it lovely and I do agree that the hydrotherapy is great.

My very sincere apologies regarding any inconvenience caused regarding our family swim times during the summer holidays.
Just to clarify for anyone reading my response, our children’s swim times during the holidays are as follows –

Monday to Thursday 9-11am & 2-5pm

Friday to Sunday 9-11am & 3-6.30pm

When we are not in the holiday period they are as follows –

Monday – Thursday 2 – 5pm

Friday 3 – 6.30pm

Saturday to Sunday 9– 11am & 3 – 6.30pm

I believe that our Health Club & Spa Manager has also personally apologised to you following your feedback, but please accept my apologies also.
I do hope that this would not deter you from visiting again and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Dereham, Norfolk, UK
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We visited Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa for a short family break with our three teenage boys.

From the moment that we entered the Hotel, the service was absolutely faultless. We were welcomed by an extremely friendly and helpful receptionist who not only explained everything that we would need to know, but also showed us to our rooms personally.

The rooms (Executive and Executive Deluxe) where spacious, clean, tidy and furnished to an exceptionally high standard. The bed was extremely comfortable and the en-suite large with separate bath and fantastic shower. Also had a TV at the foot of the bath which was pure indulgence.

The food and the dining experience was also exceptionally good. We had chosen a Champagne cream tea which we upgraded to include sandwiches and cakes. All food was homemade and served fresh to our table. Both breakfast and dinner was also to the same high standard with food delivered freshly cooked.

The spa was a very close to the hotel and was clean, tidy and a pleasure to use. We only used the pool, hydro-pool and sauna, but there was also a steam room and gym also available to guests.

Every member of staff that we met were attentive, friendly, helpful and a credit to the hotel. We were all treated with courtesy and professionalism.

I would strongly recommend Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa to anyone who is looking for a high quality and relaxing break.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Tony_Carol for your review following your visit to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.
I was very happy to read that all aspects of your stay were enjoyed.

I’ve mentioned this previously in several of my replies but the welcome you receive on arrival to any hotel really does set the scene for the your stay so I am truly happy to read that the Receptionist looked after you.

Our executive rooms are very much a favourite amongst our guests and I’m pleased to read that you were happy with your bedroom allocations.

I will be sure to share your review with the team. Our Head Chef and his team will be very happy to read your comments. I bet you left the hotel feeling thoroughly indulged.

For others potentially looking at booking a stay, our Health Club and Spa facilities are included in the price you pay for your accommodation so I was pleased to note you had the opportunity to enjoy these also.

I am very proud indeed to receive such complimentary feedback regarding my team here at the hotel.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and for your recommendation to others.
Come and visit us again soon.

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!