2,102 results
All reviews executive room afternoon tea handpicked hotels relaxation room cream tea hand picked hotels newer part beautiful hotel glass of champagne wine list wedding party evening meal a la carte menu steam room special occasion separate building wedding breakfast
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice afternoon good food, staff very pleasant, welcoming ambiance . Location stunning from the restaurant window. Easy to find & good access. The only problem was limited parking due to a wedding unless there was another area we couldn’t find.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sallyamsmirh
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We booked a spa break that included evening meal but the food was great. The spa is very good and the staff are very helpful. The reception staff are good and welcoming. We ate in the hotel both nights and my wife is 'gluten free ' The staff were very good and managed to change things around

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 780JohnD780
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Husband brought me here to celebrate my birthday. Room a great size in the modern wing but a bit on the dull side with not a lot of character-super comfy bed though. The restaurant was lovely and the food really good. Pool and spa also really nice. Bit noisy in the modern wing one night with a wedding going on. Lovely friendly staff.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EmC28
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Pre paid for two night stay. First visit to this brand. Room was not made up until late afternoon on second day. Bar prices I considered to be excessive but the service was lacking. London prices, but rural service. I do not like being addressed as "Mate" by bar staff.

Room tip: Rooms in the older part are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MoonLanding
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My visit last year was marred by a very uncomfortable bed and being invisible at the health club.

This year could not have been more different. Great check in, felt welcome even though travelling alone.

A good sized room to a good standard, bathroom large, nice smelly stuff, lovely white, fluffy towels and the internet was fine. The bed was huge and comfy - thank you and the room was quiet.

The hem of my trousers had come down and as there was no sewing kit in the room I went down to reception and asked for one, they could not have been nicer and gave me one.

The main reason why I chose the Rookery for a second visit was because of the pool. It is still as lovely as ever and it felt a privilege to swim in the evening and before breakfast.

Have no doubt I shall be booking again for next year. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: July 2017