“Very disapointed!”
Review of AromA

AromA
Ranked #5 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Nantwich
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aroma is an independent Cafe Bar serving food all day including breakfasts. We are fully licensed and our venue can also be hired out. We open late on Fri and Sat evenings. We pride ourselves on our food, customer service and regular local customers returning frequently.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disapointed!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited Aroma today for lunch and were very disapointed. We didnt get a welcome and were not sure whether it was self service or not.The starter arrived before the drinks and we waited a VERY long time for our main meal. My lasagna was virtually inedible as it was very runny and more like soup, I did not eat it. However my daughters burger was edible and she managed to eat most of this but later on today has complained of stomach pain!
We sat on a table near the air conditioning which made it very cold, we asked for it to be turned down but it made no difference. It was like sitting in the Antartic, so we moved tables.
Nobody came to check if our meals were ok. Overall, very disapointed. We will not be going back

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Michelle J

Winsford, England, United Kingdom
“quick lunch?”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Not too sure when you walk in whether its self service or not, but once you get the hang of it the place is quite relaxed and there is an extensive basic menu. Food was good as far as I was concerned, but madame did not much appreciate what was described as a panini. Average and I would try it again. (I had lasagne, an old favourite) and it was good, and hot right to the end. Defo don;t write this one off.

• Visited May 2014
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am a lazy trip advisor user - I very often read reviews but very rarely write them! However after seeing some of the negative reviews here I felt that I ought to review the fabulous evening we had at this restaurant.
The place is elegant and contemporary and had an indulgent feel to it. The front of house staff were very welcoming and attentive and our waiter was lovely. We hadn't booked but were made to feel very welcome and got a cosy booth table. The menu is quite varied and the food we had was delicious. And a fabulous cocktail menu made for a perfect evening! We had a romantic evening but the restaurant is obviously popular with groups too and had a buzz about it the evening we were there.
Our only regret is that we were only in Nantwich for a weekend and actually live miles away so won't be able to make it a regular night out! Thank you Aroma for a lovely evening.x

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Frannyat2014
“Appauling”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We sat down at 1500 ordered drinks at 1510 and waited till 1530 to get the correct drinks two glasses of water with no ice.

The waitress was rushing around without really achieving very much. She was also sat down eating and reading a magazine in between customers walking in seemingly waiting until the last possible moment before actually getting up.

The food was unappetizing & for £8.00 the least you should expect on a fish finger foccacia was the accompaniment of tartar sauce, and the fish fingers to be possibly home made & not cheap frozen ones.The QF chips were barely cooked.

The best thing about the chilli and rice was the bag bought tortilla chips none of which was very appetizing after I found what looked liked chipped bone in my food or the debris left on the floor from previous customers

Safe to say we won't be returning!!

David R, Owner at AromA, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
I was made fully aware of your complaint yesterday and you were offered given a full refund even though most of your food had been eaten. These dishes are very popular at our Nantwich branch and this is the first complaint we have had about the fish finger Focaccia ,which is a hearty portion and our chilli is also a big seller. I can assure you that we only use quality food products sourced from established and respected quality suppliers. The manager called me as he was unsure as you had eaten your food if to give you a refund. When he offered you refund on only one meal you raised your voice to the point where a nearby table spoke after you had left saying how rude you were and that their was no need and they thought the food was beautiful. I am always the first person to apologise if something has gone wrong on behalf of my company and errors do happen unfortunately and on this occasion something when wrong and you were not happy but had you mentioned to the staff you were unhappy with your meal then we could have rectified it straight away and you could have enjoyed your stay at Aroma like the regular returning customers that we have.

Regards
David Robinson
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Won't be visiting again ”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Waited over 15 minutes for drinks, one of only 3 tables in there all that was asked for was water and an Americano

Food wasnt great quality for the prices they charge you can tell it's not all freshly made which is suprising for a restaurant this quiet!!

Won't be visiting again in a hurry