“Excellent, highly recommend. Good friendly service, tasty food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Basmati

Basmati
Ranked #4 of 105 Restaurants in Nantwich
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent, highly recommend. Good friendly service, tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Today we tried the £9.95 meal where you get popadoms, chutney, minty sauce and 2 pickles. Any starter, any main, any side, rice or naan bread then coffee or icecream. The service was excellent, they were friendly and couldn't do enough to make sure we were happy. The restaurant itself has been renovated since we last went so is clean, modern and comfortable and now has windows so you can watch the trains go by. Food was delicious and fantastic value for money. Will definitely be returning next time in Nantwich

3 Thank Mummy F

“A reliable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Having tried most of the restaurants in the area we always return to Basmati for that extra in taste and service.
The wonderful flavour of their dishes can only be attributed to the use of 100% natural ingredients and the level of service leaves one feeling we are the most important customers in the restaurant, representing extremely good value for money.
Both my wife and I would not hesitate to recommend Basmati to any lover of Indian cuisine.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Phillip R
Nantwich, England, United Kingdom
“absolutely dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I'm not sure if we caught them on a bad day but we decided to pop in for a sit in meal. From the moment we sat down it started to go down hill ! Menus where almost thrown at us not a warm welcome and we almost left before ordering. The main course my partner had was way too salty and we ended up sending it back, to be fair the manager did knock it off the bill and adjusted the curry to try and make it better (he did admit himself it was not right). My meal was OK but I doubt we would go there again. The place itself is really clean and modern it's just a shame that the food was not up to the same standards.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tarkatronic
“Basmati”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Well worth a visit. Watch the trains go by as you dine. Ahmed and his staff are very friendly and courteous. As vegetarians the food is delicious and you can ask for what you want. For example I wanted a mushroom rather than vegetable balti and this was catered for. Portions are a good size (too much for me so my left-overs were packed for me to take away) and so reasonably priced. I have no hesitation in recommending Basmati.

3 Thank Linda B
“take away order”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We ordered a takeaway & had to been your restaurant before. Even though the food was good value. I could not eat my chicken passanda that I had ordered due to what it looked like was a water looking substance in the sauce. The curry didn't taste of much and also looked curdled. As I have ordered from Spices and also been Indian Ocean in Nantwich countless times & I have always ordered the same meal as really enjoyed it. We thought we would order from here from the highly rated reviews to try somewhere different. Extremely disappointed and wont be ordering again from here.

• 1 of 5 bubbles