10th January 2012.
This was our very first visit to a Warners Holiday.
My Wife and I started off 2012 very well with a visit to Alveston Hall which was supposed to be from the 3rd January (Tuesday) 'till the 6th January (Friday). In the event though and as we where having such a lovely time, we stayed on for an extra two nights because Alvaston had The Glen Miller Tribute Band playing on Saturday night.
Right from entering this lovely Hotel and Complex we where made to feel very welcome by a lovely fire burning in fireplace of the reception area which was populated by a very friendly and welcoming reception team.
Special mention to Sharon Yates and Sue for your kindness here.
This theme continued right through to the Alvaston entertainment and restaurant team. The food was spot on and apart from one arguably (well, some people found him funny!) bum cabaret (Billy Hunter) Comedian my Wife and I could not find anything at all to moan about during our stay.
And believe me guys....I am rather prone to moan. (So my Wife tells me!)
I do however offer a word of caution about something which may or may not bother you.....
But it does me. If where you are sat both for Dining and entertainment does not matter to you then you can stop reading now!
As previous reviewers have mentioned the seating system for Alvason Hall is that on entering the very nice Dining and Entertainment room you are shown to your seat which is previously allocated to you for the duration of your stay. Now then, that seat wherever it is is the one you stay in for both Dining and all of the Main Entertainment.
Now then...this works absolutely wonderful if you are happy with where you are placed.
However, perhaps you do not like being right at or near the front where the dancing and entertainment is? Perhaps you do not like being seated at the back/sides in the middle or wherever in what is actually quite a very large room?
BUT IF YOU ARE! TOUGH......if the place is full (and it usually is) then you are stuck with that placement.
I have posted photo's of the room to give you an idea of what the room is like..............
If the above thought fills you with dread....then you are in luck...as I have the answer for you free of charge!
Perhaps a couple of days before arrival either telephone Alvaston Hall direct on.........
--- or E. Mail
......and advise them where your preference for seating is, and as with my Wife and I they obliged with our preference of a lovely table near the front.
We like to sit near or even at the front in order to properly see the entertainment and dancers. Our little foible perhaps?
Alvaston Hall must be doing a lot right though because we met many people who go there a lot. One couple we talked to have been 7 times, though I bet that can be beat!
One other quick tip is to make use of all the facilities like Swimming Pool/ Jacuzzi/ Archery etc. so you get value for money.
Have a lovely holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience this superb 19th-century half timbered house with a range of facilities including a 9-hole golf course, fitness studio and indoor pool. Relax in our stunning contemporary Signature rooms, top of the range Royale rooms or the Courtyard outdoors room accommodation. Enjoy the evening entertainment whilst you dine in our splendid cabaret diner, The Grove Ballroom. Nearly everything comes complementary to your room, so make the most of our facilities and the service offered by our friendly team. Location: Alvaston Hall is located 40 minutes south-east of Chester, and 30 minutes west of Stoke-on-Trent. Set in the pretty Cheshire countryside, it's ideally located near Manchester and Liverpool too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Alvaston Hall Nantwich
- Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire