Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Crown Hotel(Nantwich)
1,666 results
All reviewssignature roomentertainment teamevening entertainmentfountain barfirst classroyale roomcabaret dinerour waiterresident banddining tabledaytime activitiesin housedance floorcabaret roomcourtyard roommotown weekendrifle shooting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had a most wonderful weekend the food the rooms and the entertainment well we have seen shows in London and on broadway (New York ) and we can tell you they were every bit as good and the last night was excellent everyone joining in and having a realy good time. I take my hat off to them well done team. So go and enjoy yourselves .Why some people moaned about the building work going on is beyond me not a problem at all so those people should stop moaning and enjoy life !!

Room Tip: Any room would be excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have been to three other Warner Hotels so we knew the standard of service we could expect and we were not disappointed. Yes there was building work going on but we had been informed beforehand and it did not affect our break at all. The staff could not have been more helpful and the entertainment team were fantastic. I would recommend this hotel even with the building work to anyone. Give it a chance the hotel team make the holiday. It is our favourite out of the Warner hotels we have been to and we look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: September 2013
Hannah_Warner, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for leaving us a review!

My Team and I work really hard to ensure the improvements that are being done do not affect the Guests experience as much as possible. The atmosphere at Alvaston Hall Hotel is still excellent and we have had many lovely reviews commenting on how helpful the team is and how great the entertainment is.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

General Manager, Terry Sterling

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Can't understand the negative reviews from some people. We have just returned from a really good weekend. The food,rooms and entertainment were all that we could wish for. We knew before we went that there is a lot of building work going on but it didn't affect us at all. And the staff made sure everything went to plan. The entertainment was really good on the three nights particularly the songs from the shows on the last night. The resident entertainments team are brilliant. So don't be put off go and have a good time. There will always be somebody who loves a moan. As we walked through the doors on arrival one disgruntled gentleman staying there remarked welcome to the building site. Stop complaining and get a life!!!

Room Tip: We were in signature rooms on first floor and didn't see any building work going on, just request a room with a view when you book.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Firstly I must say that we had a good time here. This was due to going as a group and entering into several activities run by an enthusiastic entertainments team.

But, the restaurant was very scruffy and the service poor. 40 mins to get our evening meal was the worst. It also proved beyond them to serve a breakfast with poached eggs, separately yes, but not on the same plate at the same time.

The hotel is undergoing refurbishment, so far from it's best. New parts look good.

Overall it was a 2 star hotel at 4 star prices.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank HamishX9876Z

I really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the dining service. I apologise that this was not up to our usual standards and hope you were able to speak to a Duty Manager whilst on your break. I will pass your comments to the Restaurant Manager, of course.

I am glad to hear the Building Works did not interrupt your visit with us in any way and hope that the fact we try to inform all our guests before arrival made you feel confident with your break before you arrived. I am sorry pleased you think the new and developed areas look good. For anyone that has not seen the new rooms at Alvaston I have now uploaded brand new photos.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Terry Sterling, General Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was at first extremely reluctant to write a review but having seen Suncream60 review we wish I had read this before. |I am in full agreement with them. We have returned from Alvaston (2nd visit), last Friday 23rd August. We are regular uses and had no reply from Conciege club survey or Alvaston. Can I say first that the staff were great and helpful and yes understaffed. I think the problem is Alvaston is paying too much attention to the new refurburshment and not enough in maintainance for guest. We also received NO phone call from Warners advising us of the substantial refubishement programme.

We also stayed in the Limes and had book two rooms with patios with our friends last October at a lovely site Norton Grange Chalet Hotel Isle of Wight. Only hiccup by Norton Grange was that the two rooms were not next door. Alvaston numbering goes like house numbers so we were opposite. This was the first of many problems. (Our friends room was fine apart from a squeaky patio door). Our room with patio had builders vehicles parked in front of patio, which were moved when mentioned to reception. Near to was a generator and the contruction of the marquee. After unpacking my husband noticed how wet the floor was and the radiator was leaking. After mentioning this to reception a man came with a spanner they could not fix and the carpet was getting wetter. We were asked to move next door could not believe the radiator was also leaking. I was rather upset by this. We were given an upgrade to a signature room upstairs - no paitio (still could here generator). I reported my discuss about the whole affair we were given refunds for patios and a voucher for the bar. That was fine until Thursday every day room cleaned - lovely. This day one of the glasses had been brocken and pieces left on the floor after a morning off site. I was promised this would be cleaned. One and a half hours I left the room came back still there. By this time I was fumming... The head cleaner did a good job and gave us a bottle of wine for the inconvenience. Can I first say we are not big drinkers and will have the occasional glass. This was a nice gesture and some people would say should we not be grateful - my answer is we should not have been put into this position in the first place and after being a regular attended of Warners we always pay extra to get a high standards. Having paid full price for a second class holiday. This was poor and I do not feel like going again. What makes it worse after a week of 2 surveys asking positives and negatives we have had no one giving us an appology. I did recommend this to our friends, they will not have another holiday this year and we will not be coming back to Warners not if this is the way they intend to dishearted their regular customers... Either close until building work has finished or refund some money to customers for the inconvenience.

Positive note: All staff including waiting and Entertainment staff (not maintainence) were brilliant!

Room Tip: Go to a different site!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ChrisMick
Hannah_Warner, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Alvaston Hall Hotel.

I would like to think that any problems that do arise on site we can deal with as soon as possible, we do try our best to ensure this is the case. As I understand; we upgraded you to a Signature room, we did try our best to give you a solution to the issues that we were made aware of and I did make sure that both parties did get the patio supplement refunded and as a goodwill gesture and after apologising profusely we gave you a £100 worth of Hotel spending vouchers to use as you wished. After speaking to me at the Hotel; I completely understand that this is not what you originally wanted and therefore I apologise. I was under the impression that the issues were dealt with at the Hotel and I am very disappointed that you came away from Alvaston still very unhappy as it is always our intention to make sure we do all we can for our guests. Let me take this opportunity to apologise once again, and would like to welcome you back to Alvaston Hall at some point in the future.