Grand National weekend is always an eventful occasion.
Break at Alvaston was very good with excellent food , good entertainments and a trip organised by Warners to Aintree for the Grand National which was very enjoyable.
It was most unusual to see a general Manager be so available and hands on such as Gary. Most general Managers are usually hiding in their office or "In a meeting" when you need to see them. Gary made himself available to all guests over the weekend therefore we have voted him employee of the month.
The trip to the Grand National by coach we thought was a bit expensive. £105 each. There were only 5 paying guests on the coach and 6 freeloaders from Warners including Dave from Head Office.A further two guests who had bought their tickets before arriving at Alvaston hitched a lift on the coach.All went well and a good days racing was experienced until we went to return. All except Dave from Head Office found their way to the coach but we had to wait well over an hour for Dave from Head Office who could not find his way from the course to the coach.We only just made it back for dinner.
Sevice in the restaurant was exceptionally slow and the waiting staff did not have any time for the usual pleasantries that we expect from Warners. In fact most staff were looking tired and fed up.Kt the comic compere seemed like he wanted to be somewhere else although the other entertainers were ok.The "FAB FOUR" tribute to the Beatles was fab.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience this superb 19th-century half timbered house with a range of facilities including a 9-hole golf course, fitness studio and indoor pool. Relax in our stunning contemporary Signature rooms, top of the range Royale rooms or the Courtyard outdoors room accommodation. Enjoy the evening entertainment whilst you dine in our splendid cabaret diner, The Grove Ballroom. Nearly everything comes complementary to your room, so make the most of our facilities and the service offered by our friendly team. Location: Alvaston Hall is located 40 minutes south-east of Chester, and 30 minutes west of Stoke-on-Trent. Set in the pretty Cheshire countryside, it's ideally located near Manchester and Liverpool too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Alvaston Hall Nantwich
- Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire