“A Wonderful Holiday Break”

Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Liskeard, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Holiday Break”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were on a 5 day coach tour and I can only say it is the best coach trip we have ever had. the hotel was surpurb, the service was excellent
The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you.
The swimming pool and sauna area were very good and the steam room was excellent.
The gardens were lovely and very well kept. Also it was also disabled friendly with ramps so it was easy to axcess all parts of the hotel and grounds.
I would reccomend this hotel to anyone, I am sure they will have a good time.

Room Tip: A lot of the ground floor rooms have small patios to sit outside which was very nice as we had sunsh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Janice N
Alvaston W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I will pass on all your lovely comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Gary Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just returned from a week-end break (Friday to Monday) and can only give it top marks. The Hotel was very busy and I think this was the first real test for the improvements. On our first night the staff seemed to be a little stretched in the Restaurant but coped well. From then on things went very smoothly and I think a few more staff were brought in. The food was excellent with plenty of choice and was hot and tasty. The service was excellent and the staff competent and friendly. The evening entertainment was enjoyable and the entertainment team enthusiastic and talented. The compere (Steve Jackson) did a great job and kept the whole night going along nicely. Our room in Fairways was excellent, really large, separate bedroom,large bathroom with double shower,and bath The whole experience was super and equal to 5 star Hotels. A really good experience.

3 Thank 20Tony20
Alvaston W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted to hear that you had such a good break with us at Alvaston Hall and enjoyed your stay in one of our new Fairway rooms.

I will pass on all your great comments to the team and in particular Steve Jackson.

We hope to welcome you back to Alvaston Hall in the not too distant future.

Birmingham
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The sign of a good company is how it deals with a problem if/when one occurs . We stayed at this hotel for a Motown weekend , several weeks ago . On the second day after a problem with a lunchtime snack in the hotel , I became unwell and had to depart earlier than planned .Hotel management were informed of the incident and of our intention to leave. There has been no communication since from Alvaston Hall. A full statement was made to Warners customer services who requested we wait 21 days whilst it was investigated. There was no response in this period. E-mails have since been ignored and phone calls not returned.

We have been to 3 other Warner resorts and never had to make any complaint whatsoever. We shall NOT be returning to Warners.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PAT054
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Alvaston Hall.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your feedback following your visit.
It is always disappointing to read a report such as this.
We are always very receptive to feedback from our guests and we work tirelessly to make continuous improvements.
To do this we always listen to honest and constructive comments from our guests even when it is uncomfortable to do so and so I am also sorry that we didn’t get the opportunity to discuss your comments personally.

I genuinely am sorry that this was your experience at Alvaston Hall as it is most certainly not the feedback we are used to receiving.
Although I personally feel that some of your comments are a little unfair I do appreciate that this is your review of your experience and will be discussing your comments with all departments as some of your points clearly do need addressing.

Thank you again for your review.

Kind Regards

Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have never stayed in a Warners Hotel before but this will certainly not be the last. The hotel and amenities are absolutely superb. The staff are so incredibly friendly, the service in the restaurant, and in the bar area was exceptional. The entertainers worked tirelessly and were so full of enthusiasm the whole week, where did they get their energy from? Have already booked a second break.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good, we had a ground floor signature room with a patio. Pity the weather didn...
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

As a first time Warner guest. We are delighted to hear that you had such a good stay with us at Alvaston Hall.

I will pass on all your lovely comments to the entertainments team.

We are please to hear you have already booked your next Warner break.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kent
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We live on the south coast of the UK so am sure you appreciate that the journey to Alvaston Hall was a long haul. Really wish I could say it was worth it. We are a fairly large group who have enjoyed many Warner for Adults holidays over the past 25 years. This was the first time we travelled with a tour operator as the idea of travelling by coach was very acceptable. Indeed, no problems there at all. To be fair to Alvaston Hall the rooms we were given were in the brand new 'Fairways' accommodation and were, on the whole, first class but we were definitely part of a very large 'snagging party' given the number of coaches there (6!!). As an example, our group organiser was given a beautiful contemporary suite. Sitting room with sofa,armchairs,flat screen TV on the wall and a lovely modern fire for the winter. Huge bedroom and a super bathroom that would have been large enough fir a party if you were so inclined. Big double walk-in shower and a roll-top bath. Great you think until you turn on the taps....no hot water!! Informed by maintenance that it was to comply with the dreaded Health & Safety. How come then that our bathroom gave us piping hot water which required the usual adjustments ? Having read the reviews from folk who were there at the same time, I can only endorse their comments. Walk from room to public areas required getting into training for the London Marathon and I am lucky enough to be pretty mobile! Service in the dining room was dire. NOT the fault of our waitress to who was absolutely run off her feet but very understaffed and undertrained. Food was cold (not intentional) most of the time and constantly running out. We made our grievances known and, again, must agree with other reviewers that the staff were very gracious and tried their best to put things right but were definitely overwhelmed by the volume of guests. Lastly, the entertainment. As I stated at the beginning of my review, have been a Warner fan for years and have seen many of the entertainment offerings over the years. The young people in the ents. teams do work so hard and try their very best and I really wish I could be kind and say that they were good. Sadly, not. May I also point out that, although I fully understand that many people enjoy sequence and ballroom dancing there are also many of us who enjoy modern dancing and music. There was little or no opportunity on some evenings and maybe, if we were lucky, 20 minutes on others. There seemed to be a great deal of time spent on really silly games. In fact, I thought we had all ended up in Playschool! Not funny and a tad insulting. I am so sorry that I can't be more positive. My two stars are for the new rooms and a group of staff who are trying so so hard but, at the moment, are not succeeding. Sorry.!!!

Room Tip: Whichever floor you are on in Fairways, if you have mobility difficulties ask for the higher numbere...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoybellKent
Alvaston W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for your review on Alvaston Hall. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your break. A lot of the issues you have raised, we have taken on board and can say that we are improving. We now have more staff available in the restaurant and dispite a few 'teething problems' I feel that we have improved greatly. We do try and aim our activities to guests of various ages staying here and we do have a new entertainment manager who has proved to be a real treat according to guests who have stayed with us recently. I do hope that you will come back to Alvaston Hall soon and should you choose so, if you would like a room closer to the facilities, I am sure we can try our best to accommodate you. I look forward to seeing you in the future.
essex
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed for 7 nights in a signature room, which was ok but a bit smaller than other signature rooms we have had in other hotels. The restaurant and food was fine, although the service was not so good if ordering from the menu. The singing by the resident band was awful, so awful that it was funny. The spa was very good and I had some nice treatments at a reasonable price. It was a pleasant stay and we did enjoy it very much, the bed was big and comfortable, there was plenty of good quality food which is included in the price. We really used it as a base to explore the area and probably wouldn't go again simply because we didn't really enjoy the entertainment and would have liked a bit more freedom with regard to meal times.

2 Thank west1essex

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We really appreciate your constructive feedback and I will pass on your comments to the departments concerned.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and hope that you will return to stay with us at Alvaston Hall.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Alvaston Hall Hotel
While travelling home from the Warner Norton Grange complex IOW in March our coach driver and representative of the tour company Wilfreda Beehive, announced the opening of Alvaston Hall after a full refurbishment with a spend of £13m advertising a 5 day tour on 9th June. Returning home we promptly booked our seats. The morning of the holiday arrived, taxi dropped us off nice and early only for the minibus taking us to the Sheffield interchange to appear nearly 20 minutes late. On arrival at Sheffield there was no chance of a comfort break before the journey to Nantwich. On travelling to Alvaston the information was that on reaching the hotel the tables would all have been allocated, we were kept waiting for 10 minutes on the coach for a member of the staff to give a quick talk and hand out the keys. Walking into the new Grove cabaret diner was an excellent surprise better than ever imagined, but the staff seemed mesmerised by the sheer volume of guests. We couldn't be shown to the allocated table because there was to be a meet the managers session, finally we were shown to the table, cramped in a corner. Two tables were duly removed to make room for ourselves and other guests. Still not happy, but that's life. Walked through the Fountain Bar to find our room was adjacent and on the ground floor, and that's when the smile disappeared. The room had not been refurbished and was very tired, the shower consisted of a shower tray with a curtain around it, it looked like a bird bath. There was also another door opposite the shower leading on the corridor, sometimes it appeared others were in the bedroom with voices trailing underneath the door! After making our selection from an excellent and varied dinner menu, we continued with wonderful entertainment, respect, typical Warner splendour. Back to our room its now well past midnight feeling weary and looking forward to a good nights sleep, windows were flung wide open as it was like an oven, slept on top of the duvet no air and very humid. Eventually got off to sleep don't know what time? Woke up very early to the sound of a lorry reversing past followed later by contractors arriving slamming doors and raised voices had to shut the window, virtually suffocating. Going outside before breakfast only to find our room situated near the kitchen and facing directly onto the goods in/out route being a single track lorries had to reverse quite a distance. We were informed that Alvaston was fully booked with no spare capacity. I later saw our coach driver coming out of the The Fairways, also with the allocation of a ringside seat in the Grove diner, am I annoyed, you bet. Wilfreda staff appeared to be better treated than some of the passengers, whilst also noting 3 other coach drivers sat together on the outer perimeter of the Grove, no special favours there then! Putting aside that experience Alvaston Hall is very smart and has been expertly developed. I just so wish all the interior refurbishment had been completed before even thinking of letting the rooms 60 to 66. I was shown a room in the Limes by one of our new friends, absolutely spot on, plenty of room with plentiful ventilation. Oh and a nice large shower.
Lastly an apology to the Senior Warner representative whom I met quite by accident while touring the grounds, he was unfortunate enough to inquire about our stay only to hear of disappointment and dismay, we were offered another room but with one night remaining didn't really want the hassle of packing and moving. Said to the gentleman that having made my grievances known, that would be the last of it. But on arriving home and on reflection I just couldn't let it rest. I've now damaged my integrity and that is going to hurt for some time!

5 Thank gatedinter
Alvaston W, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for your review of Alvaston Hall. I am sorry to hear that your room was not to the standard that you expected, we appreciate that the room that you stayed has not been updated in the last year however we do try and accommodate everybody. Seeing from your review that you traveled on a coach, usually the coach company allocates rooms off ourselves but we always try to find an alternative for anybody who is unhappy. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our varied menu however your seating was not how you expected. Again, we try our best to accommodate everybody and should you choose to stay with us again, I assure you that if you would like to request a certain area in the Grove Ballroom, our restaurant team will be more than happy to arrange that for you. In relation to the noise you were hearing from your room, with our new Fairways building doubling the amount of guests that we now cater for, we do have more deliveries and staff on site however we have recently set a standard of time limits which has improved the noise in the area you have mentioned. Overall, I hope you decide to come to Alvaston Hall again soon and we do welcome you as an individual guest instead of a coach party member if you would wish to.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Alvaston Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!