“Hotel was fine but the Peacock left a lot to be desired”

Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed in the hotel with our 5yr old son because we were visiting family, we had a family room which we found was comfortable but really needs updating, my son had a mattress on the floor which was to hard for him to sleep he ended sharing a bed with me and my husband the wi-fi was just so slow i ended up using my dongle stick, we went into the peacock for a meal i've already given a review on that so i won't again, we paid for breakfast but after the events of the evening before we passed on it and went to McDonalds, I will stay at the premier inn again but will not be eating at that pub

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
nantwichpi, Michelle Pittem, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

I would like to take the time to thank you for taking the time to fill in a review of your recent stay. Please accept our sincere aplogies that your family found our beds to be hard and uncomfortable your comments have been noted with Premier Inn. Crewe/Nantwich Premier Inn is undergoing a large refurbishment programme late September into early October so hopefully we will welcome you back to a newly updated Premier Inn in the near future.
Kind Regards Michelle

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This premier inn was very basic and in the need of updating, we stayed in a family room and my daughter had a rollaway single bed but did not sleep all night as the springs were digging into her body she had to sleep on top of the duvet meaning she was cold. The hotel room itself was clean and tidy but our bed was extremely hard compared to other premier inns we have stayed at. The most disappointing was the pub next door we went in for a evening meal and to be brutally honest the food was disgusting and not edible, cheap mass reproduced rubbish that did not resemble anything on the menu, staff totally uninterested, shabby and dirty surroundings with flies constantly landing on plates, we left our food and sat and watched a football match and not one member of staff came to ask if all was good and take plates away and within 40 minutes of sitting there we had 5 flies tucking into the food, in the end we left and went to mcdonalds. I personally feel the staff know how bad this food is and is the reason they don't ask if everything is ok, I should of complained but as you order and pay for the food upfront i didnt think they would be likely to offer a refund. We were dreading breakfast but as we had already pre paid we felt we had to try. In all fairness the cooked breakfast was edible but not fantastic, the continental was practically none existing and the muesli and dried prunes were left in bowls which were uncovered so again the flies were having a field day. Dirty horrible pub would never go back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan D
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the quality of the food served in the restaurants. Although The Peacock is not a Whitbread run restaurant, we will ensure that your feedback is passed to the company responsible for this establishment for a full investigation. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Not the best Premier Inn we've stayed at, it was a bit old and tatty, the bed and pillows were very comfortable but the bedroom and bathroom needs updating. The breakfast was terrible, usually we love the premier breakfasts but this place was disorganised, dirty and there was nothing left in the continental part of the buffet. We had been waiting a while so we said we'd have just the continental, what little there was of it, and get a refund for the English breakfast, the waiter said no I can have your breakfast to you in 5 mins - I wish we'd not bothered. We won't be staying here again, we went to the beefeater only 5 minutes away for our dinner and the premier inn attached to that looks far better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
nantwichpi, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to apologise on behalf of the The Peacock for your unsatisfactory breakfast experience. The Peacock is owned and operated by a different company to the Premier Inn however; we do hold monthly meetings with them so your comments will be fed back to them. The Premier Inn is due a full refurbishment, which is starting on the 18th November. I would like to like apologising once again for your experience and looking forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future. Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This Premier Inn was shabby and needed updating , the restaurant carpet and seat covers were stained and off putting. Breakfast finished too early on weekdays at 0900am. The hotel itself needed updating but was nevertheless comfortable and staff very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fiona R
nantwichpi, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

I would like to thankyou for taking the time to write a review after your stay at the Crewe (Nantwich) Premier Inn. The hotel is undergoing an extensive refurbishment commencing on 18th November 2013 when all the fixtures and fittings will be brought up to date. I am pleased that you slept well in your 6ft wide bed which was new to the hotel in March this year. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future when you wil see a vast improvement to the decor.
Kind Regards
Cathy Crawshaw
Operations Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed here with work. Went for a few beers in Nantwich on the night of our stay so did not rise until 9.30. Went downstairs to enquire about breakfast and was informed it was closed since 9 am? Way too early in my opinion. There was only one bath towel and one hand towel in the twin room i was sharing. This was not enough as there was two of us and we need two showers each. Don't know how much it cost as it was with work.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed one night prior to a wedding. The room was adequate if a little tired looking . Staff at reception were friendly and helpful, but the breakfast at the Peacock was awful. Overcooked and no taste and was not worth the £8.25 each we paid for it - we left most of it and filled up on toast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
nantwichpi, Michelle Pittem, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Frances1959
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Crewe/Nantwich Premier Inn. I apologise on behalf of The Peacock next door for the poor standard of breakfast you recieved. We hold monthly meetings with The Peacock and your comments will be fed back to them. The Premier Inn is on the current refurbishment programme for Premier Inn . We look forward to welcoming you back to Crewe/Nantwich Premier Inn soon.
Kind Regards
Michelle

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on 17/05/13. My room was on the ground floor overlooking the fields, very quiet. The room was large and clean, breakfast was excellent adn so were all the staff over the 25 hours I stayed. I chose this because it was only 1.5 miles to Nantwich.

My bed was hard compared to the Premier Inn at Nantwich ( 2 miles away on Coppenhall Lane) as said before its a little outdated but was clean and tidy.

However still good value.

If I was going up that way again I would choose the Premier Inn in Coppenhall lane because for the same price you get soft bed and a newer hotel.

Do not use the taxi service the hotel recommends, I was charged £8 for a 5/6 min journey into Nantwich town, I walked back in 20 mins!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hi Bob40
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.
I firstly would like to apologise that you found the beds to be hard, we have just recently replaced them so we thank you for your feedback. The Premier Inn is on the refurbishment list so fingers crossed this will be happening very soon.
I understand your frustrations regarding the Taxi service the Taxi Company's charge a boundary charge as they are all based in Crewe I have noted your feedback and training shall be given to the reception team to ensure guests are informed of this when booking a taxi. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crewe/Nantwich Premier Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
The Crown Hotel
#5 of 5 in Nantwich
Best Western Crewe Arms Hotel
Travelodge Crewe Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Crewe

Been to Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel? Share your experiences!