“Great stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Wareham, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our stay at Crewe/Nantwich was great. Rooms large - as was the bed which was very comfortable. There was plenty of storage - and electric points! Bathroom was good and shower hot.
Food in the Peacock next door was excellent and hot food really hot and well presented. Recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
nantwichpi, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Good Afternoon
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us, I am pleased to hear that you found everything to your liking in our newly refurbished hotel. I have passed on your excellent feedback to The Peacock Restaurant adjacent to us.
I look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again in the future.
Operations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sheffield
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very cheap and decent location.

Stayed here a couple of times and never had a problem yet, it's basic but that's why I only paid £29.

The one thing I always like is a good nights sleep and that what I always get here.

Room Tip: Family room are best.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Good Afternoon
I would like to thankyou for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found everything in our newly refurbished hotel to your liking and that you slept well in your new Premier Inn bed.
I look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again in the future.
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in the middle of January,I went over to visit old school friends as I lived in Nantwich until I was 19 .The accommodation was very nice .I'm not sure when it was refurbished but it looked like new,extremely clean and I felt very comfortable there.I payed £29 for the room which was good value even though it is a double room.It's a shame they didn't have single rooms as I travel there on my own ,for pleasure and on principle would not pay their most expensive prices as they are too high for just me and the prices don't include breakfast.I did look at their prices for my next visit over in 2 weeks but just for myself for the 2 nights is was going to cost nearly £130 .Luckily I have booked into the Premier Inn in Coppenhall for the same 2 nights for £58 .Just hope it's as nice there...I can't comment on the food in the Peacock as I didn't eat there.It is conveniently situated just outside Nantwich on the main road leading to Crewe .Definitely good value for couples and singles only if they have a good offer on.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were pleased with our newly refurbished hotel and found everything to your liking.
Our Premier Offers are released regularly onto our website and it is always worth checking in advance if any are available, Our sister site Crewe West is also an exellent place to stay and I am sure that you will not be disapointed with your visit.
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

do you need to treat the girlfriend of wife you wont be making a mistake here, its value for money,clean,friendly and newly designed.i wanted to treat my wife but on as little money as pos as she looks after the pennies as times are so hard well i found this place and for one night it cost £29 never have i had so much luxury and so close to nantwich and chester

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
nantwichpi, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Good Afternoon
I would liek to thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found our newly refurbished rooms to your liking and I look forward to welcoming you to stay with us again in the future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights from 24th Jan.
We had tonnes of luggage, and the receptionist kindly offered her help.
Our room was huge, warm and clean. The bed was very comfy. Bathroom was clean too.
We didn't have breakfast.
We would happily stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Good Morning
I would like to thankyou for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us and I am pleased that you found the Premier Inn to your liking and had a comfortable clean stay with us in our newly refurbished hotel.
Thankyou once again for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the future.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

No complaints at all about the premier inn but food service is run by a separate company.......and the breakfast at the adjacent peacock inn was shameful
One waitress doing everything.....buffet element had virtually run out of most things except cereal (but had to ask for more milk) had to constantly ask for cups,plates,juices etc to be restocked. food portions were skimpy, the bacon was lovely but the sausages were cheap and the mushrooms tinned, 35 minute wait between arriving and waitress finally getting our order and then a 30 minute wait for the food to arrive ......there was a staff meeting going on in an adjacent room but nobody came to help and not one table was cleared until well after service had finished. If you want pub grub on a night go for the 2 for £10 anything else isn't wort the extra extra expense

Room Tip: We were on the front and had no problems and a decent sized family room ....I would have liked a big...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 24curious
Good Morning
I would like to thankyou for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us and I am pleased that you found the Premier Inn to your liking and had a comfortable clean stay with us. With regard to the adjacent Peacock Restaurant could I please ask you to voice your opinion directly to myself at operationsmanager.crewenantwich@whitbread.com, on receipt of your e mail I will personally direct it to the correct people with the ability to deal with these issues. Thankyou for your time
Lynton
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We hadn't intended to spend the night in Nantwich, but after a long and tiring day, breaking our journey seemed a sensible idea. We arrived at the Premier Inn around 7pm and were very relieved they were able to accommodate us without a forward booking on a Saturday night.

The receptionist was very welcoming, pleasant and helpful. Our room cost £73.00 and we were invited to book breakfast - £8.25 per person for cooked, £5.25 per person for continental. We went for the cooked option as we knew we were in for another long day the next day. We were provided with a 2nd set of towels (perhaps they only expect solo travellers?) and enjoyed hot showers before going to eat in the Peacock pub - very convenient but rather 'tired' (the pub was extremely busy and understaffed - just 2 overworked bar staff on duty and as warned a long wait for our food. When it arrived it was basic mass produced pub grub, but OK). We then had a great night's sleep on a super comfy bed (but why no pillow protectors between pillow case and pillow) and woke refreshed.

So far, so good and if we'd left the next morning without breakfast my rating would have been 'very good' or even 'excellent'.

Back at the Peacock the next morning, we were the first to arrive for breakfast. We had to wait a few minutes for the waitress to appear and explain the drill. I wonder if she was expected to help in the kitchen, because she kept disappearing and other couples who came in after us experienced the same few minutes of hanging around being left to wait and wonder what to do. The breakfast bar was nicely laid out, but both our cooked breakfasts were disappointing with overcooked items (pre-cooked and reheated?). I'd be happy to pay £8 for a good cooked breakfast in good surroundings, but the Peacock is 'tired' with badly stained carpets and chairs and overall I felt breakfast was overpriced.

I'm aware from previous reviews that Premier Inn take the time to respond to reviews, but also that they distance themselves from criticism about the Peacock (apparently it's not part of the same chain). Frankly that's not good enough; the pub is the weak link in the experience, Premier Inn sell the Peacock's breafasts as part of the same package and should be doing something to improve this aspect of the overall product. We will need to return to Nantwich in the future and may well try the Premier Inn again, but if so we're unlikely to be bothering with breakfast. The total cost of our bed and breakfast was just under £90 and for that I expect better than the product we experienced!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolineinlynton
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Best Western Crewe Arms Hotel
Wychwood Park Hotel
Wychwood Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston

Been to Premier Inn Crewe (Nantwich) Hotel? Share your experiences!