The Cheshire Cat
US$81
US$78
US$60
TripAdvisor
Ibis Styles Crewe(Crewe)(Great Value!)
US$59
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Nantwich)
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
All reviewsthe pubwet roomblack lionmews apartmentsaturday nightlarge portionsbirthday mealold buildinga lovely stayweekendwallpaperdjcaljoewaitressrevellersstarters
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A group of 8 of us ate here on Saturday night for a family members birthday and had a really good night. We were seated quickly and our drinks orders were taken, shortly followed by our food orders. Some of us had starters, most of us just mains. I had the lamb rump (£15.95) which was delicious, beautifully presented and an ample portion size. All of our group said their meals were really good and they enjoyed them tremendously. The waitresses were very friendly and service was excellent. Later in the evening a DJ downstairs in the pub area was playing classic 80's tunes, so there was a great atmosphere.
We spent a good 3 hours at our table, eating and drinking, lots of wine flowing and had a really great evening, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SUZELANC
TheCatAtNantwich, Director at The Cheshire Cat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you Suzie, we're so pleased you enjoyed your night out - especially as it was a special birthday event. It was a pleasure having your group in the restaurant - we loved the birthday cake too! look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We have been to the restaurant a few times, and the food is normally good however they have had a new chef and the food was amazing!! The starters left you wanting more, the mains were cooked to perfection (my husband is picky with how meat is cooked!!) and the desert was to die for!!! We have absolutely no complaints at all and the staff were helpful and friendly!

We also stayed in room 6 which is a lovely room, clean, comfy beds and a whirlpool bath to relax in.

You can normally say there is room for improvement but as it stands at the moment I don't think there is!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spexmad

Thank you very much indeed! I will pass on your comments to Chef. He joined almost two months ago now and we're very pleased with how he's developed our food offering even further. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us too - hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I went to this lovely place on a quiet night to see if it would be worth having our Christmas get together with our family. The welcome was professional and the surroundings are very cosy. I am not sure how old the building is but what they have done with place is worth just a visit alone. We opted to eat in the restaurant upstairs and a waitress by the name of Trina could not do enough to serve us and make us feel special. The food is as good as it looks on the website and a fare price. We soon decided this is the place for our family Christmas gathering and have booked our seats already. I have never written a review for anything so our experience has obviously made an impact. Thank you again Trina and look forward to seeing you soon.
By the way the "Trio of pork" is well worth trying.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davelinda965

Thank you Dave and Linda - what a wonderful review! The trio of pork is getting fab feedback for our new menu, hopefully you will enjoy your christmas meal just as much when you return for your family festive outing! I have passed on your comments to Trina too. Thanks again.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I went for breakfast with a friend after leaving our cars in Nantwich after a night out as it was the only place open, altho I was in there the night before I suggest you clean the venue before letting in the customers as the patio was
Filthy. Cigarettes still on the floor, glasses in the flower beds, what has happened to this venue? It was a really nice place to go to, I suggest you change whoever is running it as there is total lack of care

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bentleydave

Dear Bentley Dave. I can assure you that we care very much about our business, the staff we employ within it and the customers we strive to offer an excellent standard of service to. I note with interest your other recent review and so can only conclude your review of our business is false and meant with malice.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I booked the Octagon suite for a surprise for my partner and when we arrived we were greeted by a really friendly operative and then we checked in and were shown to the Octagon Suite which was absolutely fantastic. Every little detail has been thought of and the fixtures and fittings are second to none. I would really like to thank Hayley who I booked our stay with, she was really helpful and pleasant and professional. We enjoyed our stay and our meal in the evening was served in the restaurant upstairs and my partner had lamb and I had a 10oz rump steak and they were both cooked to perfection and the staff were brilliant and extremely helpful. We had a wonderful breakfast the next morning and I must say that the whole experience from start to finish was great and my partner thoroughly enjoyed his surprise visit to The Cheshire Cat and we will definitely be back - well done to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Octagon suite is a little more pricey but if you want to have that extra special treatment then it is a must.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annetteCheshire

Thank you Annette - Hayley is absolutely thrilled with her mention! We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and hope to welcome you again in the very near future.