“thoroughly enjoyable day except for .............”
Review of Cheshire Falconry

Cheshire Falconry
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheshire falconry offer hands on bird of prey experiences , to take up the Gauntlet and fly Owls , Hawks and Eagles in the heart of the Cheshire Counryside
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had bought this as a birthday gift for my husband Jeff and we attended the experience on Thursday 24th. Robert was our Falconer and proved to be extremely passionate and informative about the birds,and even as a spectator I too enjoyed my husband's birthday present !! I certainly think the cost of £75 is worth the experience , but I do think the additional charge of £20 for spectators is over priced, only because some people may not want to pay that much and then miss out on a truly lovely day. I understand extra charges are put back into the centre, but I think a charge of £10 possibly would encourage more people attend and still the centre will not miss out.
Thank you to Robert again for his excellent narrative !!

1  Thank joolz50

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Loved this experience with the kids seeing an array of birds of pray youd never get to see without places like the
is. Staff very knowledgeable and birds look well looked after.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My 10 year old son received a junior owl experience for Christmas and was very excited as he is animal mad. As well as the immediate family we took along Grandma and his aunt and uncle who bought the experience for him.
On arrival we were all charge £5 each for spectating, except for my son and one other which was another £25!! (Although in the end he only charged us £20 when he could see that I wasn't happy at all) No where on the voucher or when I booked was I informed of this and find it quite disgusting to have to pay more money out.
I videoed the day and in all there was no more than 6 minutes flying time between the two children taking part. We were then taken back and allowed to have one hold of another bird and stroke it and that was it.
Although the lady was very informative found her to be very abrupt and at one point even shouted at my other son to leave something alone when he was just putting money into their charity box!
Did not make an issue of it on the day as it was a present and a very rare family day out but very disappointed,and would not recommend.

3  Thank Janandphilb
Steve B, Owner at Cheshire Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi, thank you for your comments, can i correct your comments , on the Junior Owl Gift card it does state 1 adult spectator included in the voucher , All other spectators are £5 each , this includes addmission to the aviary for which we would charge £3 to visit , it also allows a falconry display at 1pm or 3pm fpr whcih we would charge £3 ,which means infact a £5 as a spectator you are saving £1 , this charge is also shown online for e-vouchers
the session is a 30 min hands on experience ,this does include flying an OWL to the glove and then handing other Owls in the Aviary . i hope you post some of your vidio or photos so others can enjoy them and do hope you will return maybe for a longer full hands on expereience

Reviewed 5 July 2014

All staff hve gr8 knowledge of the birds, well planned & organised . Had plenty of experiance ov flyin the birds, at the centre & in the woods. Had meal which was gorg , well recommend , give it a go .

Reviewed 16 June 2014

In visiting today we initially walked into the office and were greeted buy an individual who didn't acknowledge our presence or even respond to our greeting. Instead choosing to continue to look at a computer screen, look up sometime later and say “two? That’s six pounds”, this all set a very poor first impression and tone for our experience. Having then parted with the £6 for admission we were directed to a door which lead out to a very small area with some aviaries and a Lawn. The lawn looked cramped with birds and viewing of the lawn didn’t seem to be encouraged given there was only a small area to stand in front of a gate plastered with Staff Only signs. The Lawn however did have a number of impressive birds on perches but there was a number of small open sheds around the edges which the contents of which were not visible. The rest of the visit equally had some impressive birds. Being generous I think our visit lasted in total around 5 Minutes. Upon leaving I felt as though the whole experience was not worth £6 so decided to mention my opinion to the individual who took our money upon entering. To his credit he did offer and eventually give us our money back, stating that “this is the first time anyone has mentioned this”, “this isn’t the opinion stated on trip advisor”, and subsequently gave me a lecture on how much the birds were worth “£150,000”, he eventually asked what I was basing my opinion of the lack of value for money on, to which I stated we had a much better experience at Wild Wings Bird Of Prey, at which point he stated “they’ve closed down now”, “and you won’t see an injured being displayed bird here” I thought the whole point of Wild Wings was that they rescue birds, Anyway the whole experience was dreadful mainly down the individual who also felt it necessary to come out of the office and stare at us while we decided where else to visit in the village. Despicable!

2  Thank MarkScrewtop
Steve B, Owner at Cheshire Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the aviary , please except our apology if any member of staff was rude to your selfduring your visit , regarding value you £3 entrance fee , our collection is made up, of White taile sea Eagles ,Golden Eagles and many other Owls ,Hawks , our area on the lawn which is viewed form a small 3ft fence is where our flying display birds are housed and are flown every day .
The aviary for the other birds such as Long Eared owls , Little owls, Tawny Owls and others are very successful in breeding ,
we at Cheshire falconry unlike some other centresdo not house or display any injured or rescued birds .
our envolement in education is very important and feel rescued birds are the correct way to promote awareness of Birds of prey ,