“Amazing Experience”
Review of Cheshire Falconry

Cheshire Falconry
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheshire falconry offer hands on bird of prey experiences , to take up the Gauntlet and fly Owls , Hawks and Eagles in the heart of the Cheshire Counryside
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My girlfriend booked me a voucher for the 'raptor encounter' which i attended at the weekend. I found the whole experience exhilarating and would highly recommend the experience. the whole time I was impressed by the professionalism of the staff and their knowledge of the birds, what a great day!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having undertaken another falconry experience with Cheshire Falconry I cannot thank the team enough for a family friendly, educational hands, on bird of prey experience!!

The staff are extremely welcoming and cannot do enough for you. The birds are well cared for and a pleasure to handle. I feel that the falconers genuinely enjoy what they do and it shows.

I have since dealt with the manager Steve regarding booking a corporate event and I cannot wait!!! The passion for the care and conservation of these birds of prey is clearly the company's focus, I would recommend time at Cheshire Falconry to anyone.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had bought this as a birthday gift for my husband Jeff and we attended the experience on Thursday 24th. Robert was our Falconer and proved to be extremely passionate and informative about the birds,and even as a spectator I too enjoyed my husband's birthday present !! I certainly think the cost of £75 is worth the experience , but I do think the additional charge of £20 for spectators is over priced, only because some people may not want to pay that much and then miss out on a truly lovely day. I understand extra charges are put back into the centre, but I think a charge of £10 possibly would encourage more people attend and still the centre will not miss out.
Thank you to Robert again for his excellent narrative !!

1  Thank joolz50
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Loved this experience with the kids seeing an array of birds of pray youd never get to see without places like the
is. Staff very knowledgeable and birds look well looked after.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My 10 year old son received a junior owl experience for Christmas and was very excited as he is animal mad. As well as the immediate family we took along Grandma and his aunt and uncle who bought the experience for him.
On arrival we were all charge £5 each for spectating, except for my son and one other which was another £25!! (Although in the end he only charged us £20 when he could see that I wasn't happy at all) No where on the voucher or when I booked was I informed of this and find it quite disgusting to have to pay more money out.
I videoed the day and in all there was no more than 6 minutes flying time between the two children taking part. We were then taken back and allowed to have one hold of another bird and stroke it and that was it.
Although the lady was very informative found her to be very abrupt and at one point even shouted at my other son to leave something alone when he was just putting money into their charity box!
Did not make an issue of it on the day as it was a present and a very rare family day out but very disappointed,and would not recommend.

3  Thank Janandphilb
Steve B, Owner at Cheshire Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi, thank you for your comments, can i correct your comments , on the Junior Owl Gift card it does state 1 adult spectator included in the voucher , All other spectators are £5 each , this includes addmission to the aviary for which we would charge £3 to visit , it also allows a falconry display at 1pm or 3pm fpr whcih we would charge £3 ,which means infact a £5 as a spectator you are saving £1 , this charge is also shown online for e-vouchers
the session is a 30 min hands on experience ,this does include flying an OWL to the glove and then handing other Owls in the Aviary . i hope you post some of your vidio or photos so others can enjoy them and do hope you will return maybe for a longer full hands on expereience