“Fantastic experience”
Review of Cheshire Falconry

Cheshire Falconry
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheshire falconry offer hands on bird of prey experiences , to take up the Gauntlet and fly Owls , Hawks and Eagles in the heart of the Cheshire Counryside
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Bought the full day experience for my Dad and I went too. Had a brilliant day. Both the guides were polite, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Would recommend that you book the walk on the wild side during term time so the birds aren't distracted by noisy children having fun. Well worth the money and got some great pictures of my Dad who loved it.

1  Thank Nicola O

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I purchased 4 vouchers in January for a birthday gift, we called to book in May and was informed there was no space to book! (Why sell so many vouchers dated for 6 mths if you can't accommodate them) after informing the manager I would like a refund then as it was not our fault they had over sold he reluctantly booked us in for July, during this call the man who booked us in (who I found out was the owner/manager!) was extremely rude and bad mannered, blaming me for not calling sooner, even though I had a 6 mth voucher! On attending today we were greeted by this person who told us we could not enter as we had a 16 wk old baby with us, I explained no where on the site did it mention babes in arms to which he replied it didn't matter! I explained I am breast feeding so can't attend without my baby, so requested a refund to which the manager completely lost his rag with us shouting & swearing throwing my booking slip at me telling me to go to trading standards! He continued to shout that he had owned this business for 18 yrs (he was swearing again although I can't put on here what he said) and was not having me telling him I wanted my money back, he then told us how we were being recorded on CCTV to which I said I was glad as it was only him shouting & swearing! He then apologised & proceeded to show us into the bird area! The actual meet the birds was great & the man who handled the birds was really friendly, polite & very knowledgable but after being sworn at in this manner by the owner completely ruined the day, I'm just glad my baby is only 16 wks & doesn't understand! It's a shame I won't recommend this place to anyone else after this! The owner has since told us through this site that his insurance doesn't cover under 14 yrs, if that's the case why then let us in with the baby, surely that's breaking the law?

8  Thank Clarebear25
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My girlfriend booked me a voucher for the 'raptor encounter' which i attended at the weekend. I found the whole experience exhilarating and would highly recommend the experience. the whole time I was impressed by the professionalism of the staff and their knowledge of the birds, what a great day!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having undertaken another falconry experience with Cheshire Falconry I cannot thank the team enough for a family friendly, educational hands, on bird of prey experience!!

The staff are extremely welcoming and cannot do enough for you. The birds are well cared for and a pleasure to handle. I feel that the falconers genuinely enjoy what they do and it shows.

I have since dealt with the manager Steve regarding booking a corporate event and I cannot wait!!! The passion for the care and conservation of these birds of prey is clearly the company's focus, I would recommend time at Cheshire Falconry to anyone.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had bought this as a birthday gift for my husband Jeff and we attended the experience on Thursday 24th. Robert was our Falconer and proved to be extremely passionate and informative about the birds,and even as a spectator I too enjoyed my husband's birthday present !! I certainly think the cost of £75 is worth the experience , but I do think the additional charge of £20 for spectators is over priced, only because some people may not want to pay that much and then miss out on a truly lovely day. I understand extra charges are put back into the centre, but I think a charge of £10 possibly would encourage more people attend and still the centre will not miss out.
Thank you to Robert again for his excellent narrative !!

1  Thank joolz50