“Wonderful wholesome food, and wonderful friendly staff”
Review of The Holly Bush Inn

and 1 more site!
The Holly Bush Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Northwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My first visit to the Holly Bush Inn was wonderful experience, I thought the food was delicious and the staff were friendly and tentitive to every customers needs. I would highly recommend the homemade chips and burger some of the best I have tasted anywhere and the fruit crumble was lovely. I will be back again without a doubt this is a superb little place to eat.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Had my wife's 70th birthday party for 22family and friends on the 6 th of April. From the booking to the end of the party the attention given to myself and my wife and the whole guests was excellent. The staff (Martin Michelle Carol and STACEY were amazing) The three course meal was hot and plentiful and certain special meals were catered for. Stacey was the crown in the jewel with her pleasant attitude and friendliness the whole evening it made the evening flow without any hitches. I would recommend this hotel/restaurant to anyone and will return myself for future occasions. Well done to Tim (chef) for the excellent cooking. I hope this review helps future patrons

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here last week for two nights while I was working at Oulton Park race circuit.

So, we arrived at the hotel and first thing you notice is the bulidings rural character and intimate setting. The owner checked us in with no problems and was very helpful and friendly to assist us.

I checked into my room which was fairly small and the decor was a little dated, but at least it was cosy and warm.

There is a nice little bar there with a coal fire, only thing i can say is the beer was a little expensive at £3.30 a pint.

In regards to the food there, it was not really above satisfactory as the starter and main were more or less identical even though they were two totally different dishes. However, the staff were more than helpful to us and the breakfast was really nice.

In summary this place is a nice little stopover hotel with a good vibe and plenty of character, but no more than a three out of five.

Room Tip: no tips for here really
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SBooth86
Reviewed 29 March 2013

In terms of curb appeal the pub looks attractive from the outset

However after stopping by for a pub lunch I didnt think it had a great deal going for it

Decor gave the impression of an early 90's theme pub and the food was pretty terrible

Wont be returning in a hurry

Staff were friendly enough however.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MrandMrsStanley
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We visited the Holly Bush on a Motorhome Stopover trip. The location and size of the Car-park was ideally suited to this. Set well back from the road, level and not over looked. Nice and flat too.

This is a lovely pub full of character and charm. It has been tastefully developed over the years and offers a of choice pub, restaurant and accommodation. The venue is stunning in every respect. Outside it looked like something from a chocolate box.

We dined on the saturday night and found the menu to be extensive and extremely good value. Food quality was excellent and the portions where generous. I can heartily recommended the Pork which was cooked to perfection. Breakfast was of equally high quality with nice thick bacon and some of the best poached eggs I have tasted. Perfect.

The service was absolutely fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. The staff seemed to really enjoy their work and the lady who looked after us (Michelle) was lovely.

The quality of the food was so good we even went back for breakfast leaving our stash in the Motorhome.

If you are in the North West this is definitely worth a visit.

Highly recommended.

Martin and Julesx

Room Tip: Book directly to avoid diappointment
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mcravenus
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Worked away from home for a number of years and this is as good as it gets. Food is excellent and nothing is too much trouble. if your staying accommodation is clean and tidy and has homely feel. There is always a warm welcoming from the locals.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I visited The Holly Bush Inn with my mother in mid-December (bed and breakfast & evening meal).

We received a warm welcome on our arrival and were given a cosy and well-equipped (TV, wardrobe, drawers, tea-making facilities) twin room with ensuite bathroom.

We had an evening meal in the restaurant which was extremely hearty and very tasty. I had hot smoked mackerel as a starter (two very large and juicy fillets served with a salad garnish). I then had the chicken tikka massala as a main (extremely tasty and very generous portions). We had a Rioja with the meal which was a good bottle of wine.

This is a family business and it really shows as the staff and management are clearly very dedicated and enthusiastic about their work and service to customers.The bar and restaurant areas have plenty of character and there is plenty of history in the place which I found to be very charming.

The only minor quibble I have is that the radiators appeared to be on full in some of the rooms we were in, meaning that we found the temperature a bit too hot (we were unable to regulate the radiator temperatures ourselves). This would in no way detract me from re-booking at the Holly Bush however as it is a very special Inn and is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwich
Travelodge Northwich Lostock Gralam
Wall Hill Farm Guest House
Hartford Hall
Hartford Hall
#1 of 1 in Hartford
Premier Inn Northwich South Hotel
Premier Inn Northwich (Sandiway) Hotel

Been to The Holly Bush Inn? Share your experiences!