“Sensational Wedding Venue”

Nunsmere Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakmere
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We had our wedding at Nunsmere Hall Hotel on 30 June 2011.

It was everything we wanted and could have hoped for. We are so grateful to the team at Nunsmere Hall for helping to make it so perfect. They all worked tirelessly to ensure everything was just right. The service we received from Nunsmere Hall was exceptional. The staff made us and all our guests feel very welcome and relaxed - they were so warm, friendly and reliable. We have received so much positive feedback from the guests at our wedding telling us how wonderful everything was and how much they enjoyed the venue, Nunsmere Hall. Right from our first visit we were blown away by how magnificent Nunsmere Hall was and we knew it would be the perfect place for our wedding.

We are grateful to the wedding co-ordinator, Becky, for understanding our vision and for making everything happen so seamlessly. It was an absolute pleasure to work alongside her. She also went above and beyond the call of duty by driving a few of our guests to Crewe train stations when they left luggage on board a train! Other people to mention: Naomi for all her help in organising the accommodation, Stephanie for helping with the plans for the day, Rob for his excellent food and bar service, Mark, the Manager, for his great assistance, compliments to the Chef for creating a wonderful menu and thanks also to the lovely porter.

It truly was a wonderful wedding and we have so many happy memories that we will treasure forever.

We would not hesitate in recommending Nunsmere Hall as a wedding venue to other people and we look forward to visiting the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2011

What can I say to do justice to this Hotel..... It is an absolutely amazingplace, not only in how it looks but for the first time in a long time this hotel does not let the look be the only thing it has going for it, as many hotels can. From the second I pulled into the long gravel drive to see stunning gardens and a gorgeous manor house, I was welcomed personally by the doorman ( who my mom wanted to take home, she liked him so much) then by reception staff who were helpful and polite, to meeting the amazing wedding planner Becky! All I can stay throughout everything I have experienced here is WOW, WOW and WOW.

You can see from the wonderful bar/restuarant/wine staff that are knowledgable, expercienced and genuinely love working here, that this is a stunning hidden gem.

My food was outstanding and service was comortable. Not over bearing but not slow. I described it to my husband as relaxing as sitting in my own living room.

The Manager Mark is a credit to Nunsmere, pleasing customers in everyway he can. From polite chats, to helpful advice and even to getting stuck in and pouring the champagne!

I absolutely love Nunsmere and it will be a regular stop for us when we are in the UK!

Thank you to one and all at the Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We are so pleased to have discovered Nunsmere Hall. Last week we contacted Nunsmere to enquire about getting married there......we have not looked back since!!

I live in Abu Dhabi/Dubai so have visited alot of major hotels in the past two years but still find Nunsmere offers something very rare. Yes the building is beautiful, the grounds are stunning and the food is delicious but what sets Nunsmere apart? the staff!

Our first contact was Rebecca...now my fiance was on the brink of a breakdown after a nearbye wedding venue let us down five weeks before the wedding. Rebecca has saved our sanity, she is so positive, organised and professional, she quickly pulled everything together and has already made us feel fortunate that we happened across Nunsmeer Hall.

Then we met Jonathan who I presume is the Sommelier, it was so refreshing to talk to someone so enthusiastic about his job again he was professional, switched on, efficient and knowledgable about alcohol :) the more staff we met the more relaxed and confident we became and the choice of venue was no longer a choice.

What gives me the confidence in Nunsmere is that the staff genuinly love working there, nothing is too much trouble...and importantly they show initiative! I am guessing that a major factor in this is the manager Mark he obviously has a clear vision of how things should be done and makes sure it happens, he made so much effort with, so much so that by the end of the evening my fiance was actually relaxed for the first time in a month!! thank you Mark and your team.

OK back to the venue. As I have said the Hall is beautiful and the gardens and stunning. There was a large selection of wines and Jonathon was happy to expertly guide us through them.

Food, we were orignally sat outside as it is a shame not to enjoy the gardens. We were brought the terrace menu and there was a very tempting selection of meals. Even on the light meals menu the food was interesting and made it clear that the chef was as excellent as the rest of the team....so just in case Jonathon brought us the Al a carte menu...after a quick look we decided to stay for the evening! I ordered the duck which was beautiful, often with duck I find if the meat is cooked correctly then the skin can still be chewy..not here the chef had cooked the meat beautifully and crisped the skin to perfection....not only that he had seasoned the meal perfectly.
My fiance ordered the ribeye steak again cooked medium-rare to perfection but what stoodout here was the bearnaise sauce...WOW!!...when my fiance usually has steak if it comes with chips, then i get the chips :).....not this time :( she described them as hand cut chunks of heaven. In short we loved the food!

We will definalty hold our wedding at Nunsmere Hall and we wil certainly be back whenever we are in the UK.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My sister and I stayed here for one night breaking our journey home from a family funeral.
Our ground floor room was delightful. The elegant public rooms, the beautiful grounds, the delicious food and the courteous service we received throughout our stay was the perfect antidote to the days proceedings.
Would hurry back for a longer stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We had a really lovely attic room at this hotel. I would recommend for people to go, but I would say the rest of the hotel is probably more average than your room though! Hard to explain, but for the money we paid it was lovely.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We booked our wedding breakfast here in June. It was a small family occasion and we ate in the Library - a lovely bright room with fabulous feature fireplace. The food was excellent, the service exceptional and the location and gardens stunning. All in all - a perfect day. Well recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2011

What a wonderful weekend at Nunsmere.
The service was fantastic nothing was too much trouble. The reception, bar and restaurant staff were all exceptional and friendly.
The room was beautiful and very clean, we had the Magnolia suite, it was a large room with a four poster bed and seating area, lots of windows looking onto the well kept grounds and a massive en suite bathroom with jacuzzi bath.
We had some drinks in the bar, there was also a wedding on the same day, all the guests were having a great time and the atmosphere was very friendly.
In the evening we ate in the restaurant, the food and wine was delicious and breakfast next morning was just as good.
I would highly recommend Nunsmere for an evening meal, long weekend or Wedding - we will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakmere
The Royal Oak Hotel
The Swan Tarporley
The Swan Tarporley
#2 of 4 in Tarporley
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Nunsmere Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!