“Perfect wedding venue, unbeatable service!”

Nunsmere Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakmere
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect wedding venue, unbeatable service!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked our wedding at Nunsmere Hall Cheshire about 18 months prior to the big day, from the offset our wedding planner Keeley Hope could not do enough to help us, offering advice when needed and was always there offering support throughout the 18months prior. The venue itself is stunning...beautiful gardens surrounded by a moat, the hotel is grand & classy the front entrance is something to behold. On the day of of wedding I had my breakfast in the room enjoying the tranquility. My morning was calm without stress, even when the room was hectic with people coming and going I did not feel stressed at all. The service was excellent anything we needed was not an issue. The wedding breakfast room was beautifully breathtaking my florist flowersbynichola@googlemail.com and Keeley dressed the room I cannot even put into words how stunning the flowers & room looked. Throughout the day the service was exceptional no one was ever left with an empty glass. Our server Kurt was professional & gracious. Our day went like clock work this is due to the excellent staff at Nunsmere Hall. If your thinking of booking a wedding in the Cheshire area please go and visit this venue you will not be disappointed. My husband and I have had the best experience and memories which will last forever.

Room Tip: We stayed in Begonia but all the room at the hotel are beautiful each with their own character.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, Manager at Nunsmere Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Kerry
Thank you for your post here on trip advisor. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. We are thrilled that you found the whole experience from start to finish a memory that will last with you both forever. I hope we are able to welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Michael Scott, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Attended a wedding here on 14th August and the first impressions as we pulled up were wow, beautiful and stunning. Was stunned to be greeted by a man in a hat...very friendly and courteous. Gave us all the information we needed and even took us to our room. Made a joke of being thankful of a lift as room on 3rd floor.

Our room, Willow, was beautiful. Very spacious and comfortable. Bathroom was huge. Beds were very comfortable. Nice tea and coffee making facilities including biscuits.

Wifi was a bit funny in our room but I am guessing it was because of where it was.

Staff were lovely and the girl serving the bar was very pleasant. Drinks a bit pricey though.

Food was lovely for both evening buffet and breakfast the next morning.

Overall, an excellent stay. Wish we had more time to explore the beautiful grounds.

Than you all at Nunsmere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LMC102
Michael S, Manager at Nunsmere Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here on Trip advisor. We are very lucky with our location which most definitely does have the wow factor. I do hope on your next visit you are able to explore our beautiful grounds. Kind regards, Michael Scott Hotel Manager
Holmes Chapel
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My Wife and I got married at Nunsmere Hall this weekend and the experience was something that neither of us will ever forget.

First impressions count and you cannot fail to be impressed by the grand entrance to this beautiful location. Access is gained to the venue through a long tree lined private drive surrounded by a lake. The building itself is beautiful and surrounded by well maintained Italian style gardens. My wife first visited Nunsmere without me and was immediately in awe of the location. We visited together a few days later and without any hesitation we both knew Nunsmere was the place we wanted to get married.

From the moment we first made contact with Nunsmere the staff always bent over backwards to ensure that we felt welcome. Sally was our wedding planner and she couldn't have been more helpful, she was a pleasure to deal with and nothing was too much of a problem. From the start, sally made us feel confident that we had made the correct decision in choosing Nunsmere Hall as the place to spend our special day. Sally liaised with other suppliers at our wedding and ensured that everything was perfectly co-ordinated on the day.

We chose to have our civil ceremony in the Delamere room which was the perfect size for our party of 68 guests. The neutral, yet ornate decor within this room leant itself pefectly to our chosen colour theme and the large double doors on to the wonderful gardens provided an excellent back drop for photographs.

The wedding breakfast was held in the Crystal suite which is a stunning dining room packed with decorative period features. All the catering staff were excellent and all the guests enjoyed their food which was well cooked and beautifully presented. Compliments to the chefs, and the waiters/waitresses who cannot be faulted.

The bar staff were exceptionally polite and worked hard to ensure the guests were kept happy!

We chose to spend our wedding night in the Honeysuckle room. This room is a little more contemporary in its decor than some of the other rooms and boasts excellent views over the front entrance and drive way. Needless to say we were both completely exhausted after celebrating our wedding day and slept very well in the large comfortable bed. The room was very clean and all our guests were very pleased with their rooms too.

Breakfast in the morning was fantastic, and just what was needed after a busy day.

In the run up to the wedding we had made several visits to the venue, and on most occasions we were greeted by Melvyn who you will usually find stood by the front door in a bowler hat and a smart suit! Melvyn was always friendly and willing to help in whatever way he could. We were so pleased to hear that Melvyn was working on our wedding day as he provided a really nice touch and assisted most of our guests in one way or another!

On a final note, we would like to thank each and every one of the staff who made our day perfect. We cannot name everyone but we are very grateful for all their help. All of our guests had a fantastic time!

We would not hesitate in recommending Nunsmere to anyone, whether it be for a wedding or a relaxing short break!

Top marks Nunsmere, you made our wedding day perfect!

Paul & Rachel Rainsford.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and individual but garden view rooms are even better!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr & Mrs Raisford

It was our pleasure to be apart of you Special Day and thank you for your comments here on Trip advisor. It is our aim to provide excellent service and I am thrilled that your whole experience from start to finish was of that. I hope we are able to welcome you back for your 1st Wedding Anniversary. Kind regards, Michael Scott Hotel Manager
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Me & my husband stayed at Nunsmere Hall hotel last month & thoroughly enjoyed our nights stay the food & restaurant service was excellent & would like to thank all the staff at Nunsmere for a memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barbaraw234
Dear Barbara

Thank you for your comments expressing how pleased you were with you stay last month. Your thanks have be passed on to the team here at Nunsmere. We hope to welcome you back in the not to distant future. Kind regards, Michael Scott Hotel Manager
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have stayed here before and so were looking forward to staying here again. I booked our break for my partner's birthday. When we checked in and arrived at our room it was clear that the room hadn't been fully made up, with no pillowcases on the pillows and no towels in the bathroom. I rang through to reception who said to expect them shortly and we waited for over an hour for them to be delivered. We had a drink on the terrace that evening after our meal only to be shown outside, quickly and asked very abruptly what we wanted to drink, we weren't given any menus or options. When my partner asked for his regular double vodka and lemonade the remark from the barman was " this will be quite expensive you know" ??!! Obviously the fact that we paid £120 for the room isn't proof enough that we could afford the stay!! I really think for an establishment that poses as a luxury getaway needs to educate their staff with good customer care skills and manners, as the front of house woman was very assuming and rude also on check out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cosmo666
Michael S, Manager at Nunsmere Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Cosmo666,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am sorry that your room was not fully serviced on your arrival, unfortunately this was due to the Laundry Van breaking down on the M6. I am also saddened that you found some of the staff rude. Commenting on the drink price was by no means meant to be offensive, the member of staff apologies if it came across this way. We do pride ourselves on the service we provide to all our guests and I am sorry on this occasion you did not receive the full service that makes Nunsmere special. I do hope that this experience does not prevent you visiting us in the future. Please contact me at the Hotel if you would like to discuss the points you have raised further. Kind regards, Michael Scott, Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to have our wedding here recently. The experience was simply brilliant. From the reception drinks on the lawn and in the stunning gardens right through the wedding breakfast to the night time everything ran perfectly. The food and wine was of such a high standard that every one of our 100+ guests received a top class service. Added to this the rooms themselves were also so impressive that we will certainly be returning here as guests very soon indeed!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura L
Hi Laura L,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor, it is great to read you had a brilliant day and your guests received a top class service. Please ensure you come and visit again soon and Congratulations from all the staff at Nunsmere Hall.

Kind regards,
Michael Scott
Hotel Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am pretty sure that my dad wrote a review for here after our fantastic wedding last year but after a lovely visit on our first wedding anniversary on Sunday for afternoon tea I thought I would write my own review.

We got married on 3rd August 2013 and the day was perfect from start to finish. Our wedding co-ordinator Keeley was brilliant and set up the room to our exact specification she even said at our meeting before to take pictures at home and send it over to her if we wanted it to looks certain way which we did as we had so many little extras. When we arrived the room blew us away. The staff on the day were so polite and helpful to all the guests everyone commented on how nice they were. I know that Melvin had quite a few fans with everyone saying how courteous he was on arrival. The food and drink were exceptional something which was very important to us after attending some weddings and being left hungry with not enough food to go around. I know after speaking to some staff at nunsmere that Will and Jonathan have now left but they were also a credit to the hotel and provided us with superb service. We could not have wished for a better wedding at nunsmere so Thank You!!

After such a perfect day last year my husband took me back for afternoon tea on Sunday for our first wedding anniversary and the service was as good as ever! The sandwiches and cakes were lovely and so filling we couldn't finish them all! We were assisted on the day by Helen and Adam who were only too happy to make our afternoon a perfect first wedding anniversary with their warm and welcoming attitude. I was so pleased to find the standards so high on our return a year later and we will definitely be coming back soon.

Mr & Mrs Heneghan

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Mrs Henegan,

I am so glad to hear you came back on your first anniversary and enjoyed your visit! Yes I have to agree the afternoon tea is wonderful and definitely fills you up. I am also glad to hear the service was as good as ever, we are a new team here at Nunsmere, and we are definitely trying to keep the service to a high standard and to ensure our customers are happy.

Many thanks for your feedback and I'm sure Adam and Helen will be happy to hear about your experience.

Kind regards,
Michael Scott
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakmere
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Nunsmere Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!