“regular customer” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legh Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prestbury
Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“regular customer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were regular customers at this pub and restaurant for about six years. The general staff are very friendly and serve promptly. The bar is not very clean. The bar is closed early some nights which is inconvenient as we have travelled there.The Management are very intrusive with customers which has led to our not going into the establishment any more. hw

Room Tip: check the price against other hotels in this area
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank munchen1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me and my partner decided to have a mini break as we just had our civil ceremony.. Our lovely friends booked us in The Legh Arms in Prestbury...It was just perfect...Staff were very friendly and the quality of the food was amazing... Andrew who works there was great and ensured that we had everything we needed... Would love to go back again... Thanks for a memorable time... x

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed overnight on business and found this pub to be very comfortable, clean and in a good location for Macclesfield which is hard to get to from anywhere in the morning traffic.
The pub had a good atmosphere and the food was typical pub fayre. The breakfasts were very good and the lady managing the restaurant is a delight.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter and big enough. There is a loose manhole cover in the road out fro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We've been going to the Legh Arms a few times, the food is great both in the bar and restaurant. The bar staff and waitress are however terrible and this everytime we go. The old blond lady who seems to be the manager is rude, once, there was lipstick on my wine glass and she asked me to be less difficult! The bar staff are slow, rarely smile and make you feel unwelcomed. I really do think the staff need some training and respect for the customers. Maybe the bar staff should know the difference between a large glass of wine and a small as I asked for a large, (they only serve one size which is 175ml) and the staff just simply doubled the price and served me a small glass. Hopefully in the near future something will be done about the lack of kindness of the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lea B
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I like Legh Arms, it's nice and charming! Perfect location, nice atmosphere and a nice mix of people. I have eaten here on a few occasions but I must say it's not up to the standards I'd expect. It's such a shame really as it could be so much better. My thoughts:
1) The smell in the food area. I'd love to say it smelled of food, but it was a strong smell of disinfectant (reminded me of the toilet cleaner smell). It was the cleaning spray used for each table, but incredibly smelly.
2) The waitresses! Ignorant and Staring blankly at you when asking 'what do you want then'? A smile wouldn't go amiss and a lack of knowledge of the menu was apparent. Some training needed perhaps?
3) We had a nice plate of pesto bread and olives to share as a starter. It's big enough for two.
4) We had the fish and chips and the Greek Salad. I love Greek salad but the feta cheese in this salad was so string it almost 'burned' my mouth. Perhaps a slightly less strong cheese for the average diner?
5) No experience of rooms as not stayed here.

I will probably be coming back, but I hope some changes are made to especially the service/staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CheshireCat72
Cheshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had a really disappointing meal at the Legh Arms last night. The starters were nice. I had asparagus which was lovely and husband enjoyed his pate, but the portion was HUGE! He therefore left some of it t leave room for the rest of the meal.
We both had the two birds for main course. We saw a fellow diner return the main course (two birds) and overheard her saying to the waitress that it was terrible! So we were slightly worried that we had ordered the wrong dish! When it arrived, again, a HUGE portion, which puts me off before I even start. I had to leave lots of mine, and so did my husband. The meat was ok (ish) but the jus was so salty. The vegetables were fairly bland. I mentioned the saltiness to the waitress when she cleared the plates and she just smiled!! She could see how much we had left, but she still didn't say anything.
Again the desserts were twice the size they should have been - and we both have hearty appetites! I left most of my cheesecake as it was so solid and generally just not very nice. My husband's sticky toffee pudding was 'not outstanding'
The Malbec wine we had was nice, as were the staff.

We came away feeling fairly disappointed though with the whole evening. We have eaten there before, and had a nice meal. However, there is plenty of competition out there, so the Legh Arms must improve on this low standard to tempt us back again.

Room Tip: We did not stay as we live locally.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAGUAR088
Scottish Borders
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights recently as we were invited to a family lunch party in the Restaurant. It turned out to be a lovely break in a charming Inn in a most attractive Cheshire village. With ample breakfasts and an excellent lunch I am afraid we did not sample the bar meals but the large number of people eating told its own story.
Our room was nicely furnished and although we were a bit worried about noise from the bar it was pretty quiet by 11pm and completely so by midnight.
Good food, friendly service and a well appointed modern bedroom all made for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We were in one of the contemporary rooms, I imagine the two rooms in the old building would be quite...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge

Been to Legh Arms? Share your experiences!