“Does Legh sound like lower limb or the lines churches can be built upon?”
Review of Legh Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prestbury
Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed there, Rm 3, over a family family wedding weekend. The staff were well friendly & helpful. Couple of beers were "real". This is a posh place, but prices reasonable at the Legh Arms, I thought.
Do posh people speak louder than the rest of us.
Our sleep was sound, except for some early departers outside our window.
Next day breakfast was nice, poss too much grub...but we left happy.
A range of Sunday 'papers, incl the local Macclesfield weekly, was a preferred touch!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Legh Arms

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this pub yesterday with my parents and brought along thier dog charlie. Such a friendly place. Andrew was lovley, very attentive and gave charlie a biscuit and lots of attention! Food was fantastic and the other people there that we spoke to were regulars and rated the place very highly. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

What an excellent place to stay!
I read some reviews on here prior to booking, laced with suggestions of unhelpful, unfriendly staff etc but I found them all very helpful, affable and indeed quite human as opposed to the slightly roboticised service you get in even some of the posh "chain" type hotels.

I spent the night in Room 5, towards the back of the pub and away from the somewhat busy main road and replete with the features that sets fabulous accommodation from the humdrum utilitarian offers from the big chains like Novotel:
An iron AND an ironing-board!
A hair dryer,
Spare pillows and stuff,
a box of tea and coffee brewing up stuff for up to 7 cups of coffee and 5 cups of tea and even better than that:
proper Milk in a bottle (as opposed to those crap little pots) in a real BEER FRIDGE!
They also had an iPad docking station and an LCD TV that I didn't use but the bathroom featured the winning combination of a bath and shower, enabling a proper Enhlishman to wallow in a bath prior to the evening's engagement. Smashing.

I sleep very badly in most hotels and this one was certainly no worse for me than many and better than most. Good comfortable bed, probably work just fine for non-insomniacs!

As is my wont and predictably enough for me the view from the room was the inevitable car park + bins but I did specifically ask for a room to the rear of the hotel (rooms 1 -6) because of the busy main road and the view was a big improvement on some I've seen!

(Rooms 1-6 are quite modern, rooms 7-8 are at the front and apparently funky old wood-panelled jobbies).

My only complaint about the room was the wooden venetian blinds as opposed to heavy duty curtains, so plenty of light coming in with the dawn.

Very nice pub downstairs filled (but by no means to bursting) with sophisticated Cheshire types. Very, very good provision for us anti-social smokers in a beer garden with ample cover, heating in winter (I am told). I was told too that the food in the spacious dining room was top-notch and judging by the hearty breakfast I had the following morning I can absolutely believe it!

Room Tip: It's not that the front rooms are noisy, it's just that the main road is too busy. I'm g...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Used to live in Prestbury and have very fond memories of the Legh Arms and its restaurant. Times change and, though the restaurant looks the same, we were the only ones to make a reservation there on our overnight stay. We were advised by the lady who checked us in that we would be free to eat in the open-plan bar area where the atmosphere would be more lively. We did and it was. We had the two course meal from the restaurant menu which was excellent and good value. There were plenty others eating there too.

Had a large bedroom at the rear which was well equipped, spotlessly clean, quiet and warm.

Altogether, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet. Room 2 of good size, others slightly smaller but look fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _davidius61
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been for dinner at the Legh Arms a number of times and have always had a pleasant experience. I decided to stay overnight and booked a double room. I was surprised to find a dirty towel in my bathroom and stained pillows in the cupboard. In addition the wifi only works in a specifc part of the pub, the rooms do not have curtains just blinds which let in alot of light. At breakfast in the morning the coffee cups were very dirty. The staff are not very friendly.
I would not recommed staying here overnight. A number of alternatives are available in Prestbury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were regular customers at this pub and restaurant for about six years. The general staff are very friendly and serve promptly. The bar is not very clean. The bar is closed early some nights which is inconvenient as we have travelled there.The Management are very intrusive with customers which has led to our not going into the establishment any more. hw

Room Tip: check the price against other hotels in this area
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank munchen1
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me and my partner decided to have a mini break as we just had our civil ceremony.. Our lovely friends booked us in The Legh Arms in Prestbury...It was just perfect...Staff were very friendly and the quality of the food was amazing... Andrew who works there was great and ensured that we had everything we needed... Would love to go back again... Thanks for a memorable time... x

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Legh Arms? Share your experiences!