“wedding reception”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Reviewed 16 June 2013

stayed here friday night for a wedding the rooms were lovely. the food was allso exellent beer prices were ok as well cheaper than some local pubs. allso free wifi.staff were very polite . will definatley go here again just to go for a meal.they have some very good offers on meals in the restaurant

Room Tip: room 20 overlooks the river and last room on the end
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Bridge1952, Owner at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We have just had lunch with parents celebrating there wedding anniversary, having been many times we knew what to expect. The gentleman who welcomes us from the car park is charming, and this kind of service is a welcome change. The food offer of two meals plus a bottle of wine for £33 is amazing value in this area. Whilst this is never fine dining its trying very hard! The house salad went down well, as did my Plaice dish. On the negative the Eton mess was abysmal. On occasion some of the staff can be a little rude, passing plates over the front of you, holding glasses by the rim rather than the stem, mostly though, they work hard and smile at all the right places.
On the whole these points do not detract enough to stop us going, we would recommend, and we will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Bridge1952, Owner at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to send us your review. I am glad you enjoyed your Lunch with us, however I feel I must respond to your comment regarding the Eton Mess. Whilst I appreciate that it is not a 'Traditional' Eton Mess, it was our excellent pastry chef's modern take on it, which encompassed all the elements of a 'Traditional' Eton Mess, presented in an elegant manner. I myself have tried this, and can honestly say I thought it was delicious. I am very sorry that it did not live up to your expectations, but please be assured I have passed your comments on.
Your feedback is important to us, and I will also act on your additional comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have just had our wedding there on the 17th may and it was the most amazing day.The food was fantastic and every member of staff were brilliant .It is a family run hotel and that is apparent in the attention to detail . We have been many times before to enjoy the mid-week three course meal and wine offer which is phenomenal value . A special thanks to Ken Adrian Alex Julie and Adam , in the fact,as I said whole, of the staff.Ultimate praise must go to the owners for maintaining high standards but in a such a friendly unobtrusive manner. So many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to and we have relived it time and time again. Thank you for great memories.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheadlemanchester
Bridge1952, Owner at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

It truly was a fabulous day wasn't it, and we hope you will cherish the memories forever!
With all our best wishes,
All at The Bridge.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This has been our favourite place for a meal for a while but we had never stayed here before last Saturday. We were not disappointed; we had a lovely meal and it was great not to worry about taxis etc. The service in the restaurant was excellent; the staff always remember us and are very friendly. The menu was varied and I was spoilt for choice for my main course and dessert. The lady at reception that greeted us was efficient, warm and friendly and chatted as she showed us to our room.

The room was spacious, clean and had all the necessary items, apart from a bottle of water which I personally would prefer instead of tea & coffee but most places provide both. I have to agree with some of the other comments on Trip Advisor regarding the rooms needing updating; particularly the old fashioned suspended ceiling. All in all though only minor criticisms which did not spoil our meal or our stay. I would definitely recommend The Bridge to stay and for a romantic meal. The resident singing duo are just right and provide the perfect ambiance.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda H
Bridge1952, Owner at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Many thanks for taking the time & trouble to send us your review, I am glad you had an enjoyable stay here, and appreciate the comments regarding the decor. I trust we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at the Bridge Hotel when attending a relatives wedding. It's a really nice hotel in a lovely setting, made even more so by the good weather. The room was large as was the bathroom, it was clean, smelled nice and had an ironing board, iron and hairdryer which was useful.

As part of the wedding party we had an afternoon meal. Although the meal was nice and the chicken tasty, it was very basic. Unfortunately, the serving staff left a lot to be desired. We found them to be surly and a little rude. The same can be said for the bar staff too. They should also be told not to serve cold drinks in warm glasses !! Especially when the drinks are a little expensive. The hotel may be in Prestbury, but we're not all fottballers wives !!

I could not fault the breakfast; there was variety and plenty of it (although the toast was cold..but it's difficult to keep toast warm at the best of times).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rochdalecowboys2010
Bridge1952, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write a review. I was very sorry to hear that you were less than happy with some aspects of the service you received; I will act on this and hopefully you will return and we can make amends.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

On a business trip my hosts booked a room in the Bridge Hotel. It is located next to a church, so the church bells will let you know the actual time every hour. Apart from that I had a very pleasant stay. The room was nice and clean, the bed was cosy, and a flatscreen TV is standard nowadays. We had dinner across the street in one of these typical british pubs, but the breakfast at the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Balou18

Many thanks for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Taken to the Bridge for afternoon tea on Mother's day, but have lunched here countless times in the past. Staff always friendly and professional. Afternoon tea was delicious and very good value, too much to eat! Only criticism was the scones were fruit scones, my whole family dislike fruit in cakes etc so we all had to pick it out! Waitress said chef would have made them plain for us, but no one asked our preference. Will go again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Hollin Hall Hotel
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!