Chimney House Hotel
US$78
Hotels.com
Travelodge Crewe Hotel(Crewe)(Great Value!)
US$54
Travelodge
Ibis Styles Crewe(Crewe)(Great Value!)
US$74
Agoda.com
US$120
US$99
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed for 4 nights on business and I couldn't fault the room. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. Whilst the staff were pleasant and polite, the level of service was not great. We sat for ages waiting to be served at the bar and in the restaurant. Most of the staff seemed to be very new, only having worked there for a day or two. Some refurbishment had also been carried out.

The quality of the food is not to the level for what they charge for it. It is very expensive for what you get.

Overall its not bad, I have certainly stayed in worse establishments. I got the feeling that the place had recently been taken over and maybe previously had gone bust or it was being run by receivers as a going concern.

Room Tip: I stayed on the lower ground floor with room numbers in the 20s and 30s and I had no issue with the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Steve G, General Manager at Chimney House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mr C

thanks for your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. The positives that you commented on are much appreciated - ie the bedroom.

I was sorry to hear you had a delay for food and bar service. We are working hard to mould a food and beverage team that can deliver quality at all times, and you are correct to infer it's a work in progress. I'm confident you will see this improvement on your next visit.

We are also reviewing our prices to see whether we can add greater value for customers in that area.

Thanks again for your feedback - we are listening! Best regards.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for one night en route up North. We used a Buy A Gift voucher and decided to stay here as it was close to the M6. I agree with the recent comments - a lovely setting and spacious/clean rooms. For some reason we were placed in the Bridal Suite, which was extremely pleasant. The Receptionist clearly switched on to the fact that there was still plenty of 'sparkle' in our 42 year marriage, and wanted us to enjoy ourselves! The food was superb, I can honestly state that my rib-eye steak was the best I have had in years, sheer perfection. All members of staff were attentive, friendly and efficient. On checking out however, I requested a discount on the drinks bill due to the Bridal Suite not being consummated. Sadly my request was turned down, albeit politely. Will I return? Most certainly.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Barry

thanks for leaving feedback following your recent stay at the hotel.

What can I say except I'm just so pleased we managed to exceed your expectations!

We learn to take criticism on the chin, so it is fantastic when someone takes the time to leave such positive comment. Much appreciated.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

we had a 2 night stay, we had a very large room overlooking the car park, our only complaint would be doors banging on the corridor but that's probably not the fault of the hotel, more the inconsiderate guests that let them bang, the staff were very pleasant, the food very good and the location to the M6 could not have been better, would definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fatcontroller

thanks so much for your positive comments after your recent stay at the hotel.

The bedroom doors are managed by closing mechanisms designed to stop them banging and I have asked our maintenance team to check them and adjust where necessary.

Otherwise, glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and thanks again for your nice comments.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We got a good price for this hotel via Laterooms when we were looking for somewhere to stay en route to the North. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It is very close to J17 of the M6 and although you can hear the traffic from the bedrooms, it is a distant sound which helps sleep rather than hinders it. the hotel itself was very quiet and is set in pleasant gardens. For me the main purpose of going to a place like this is to have somewhere to sleep, so the ability to do so is quite important. The room was clean and comfortable. We had dinner in the restaurant, the food was good. There was plenty of space to park. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ludwig

thanks for the really kind comments following your recent stay at the hotel. We have been working very hard to build a team that can deliver a really good customer experience at reasonable prices, so I was delighted to hear you enjoyed the visit.

Much appreciated!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked this hotel because it was a few hundred yards from junction 17 of the M6. My room was quiet, as requested, backing onto open countryside, clean and bed very comfortable. Really good night's sleep. Reception greeting was friendly, even jovial, for 10.30pm. I went straight to the small bar for a drink and to see the football. Bar staff informed me of a premium brand that was on offer; excellent service. Breakfast was everything you could want and well stocked even though I arrived towards the end of service. Definitely would return when next in the area. For the really fussy type you might notice the tired look of the hotel but clean despite this.

Room Tip: I had a double bed to myself but this might be a little small for two so ask for a large bed if you need a little space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Victor,

thanks so much for the kind comments following your recent stay at the hotel. We have been working hard to improve the guest experience so it's really appreciated when customers tell us we're getting it right.

Special requests can sometimes get lost in the small print when booking through a website - my tip is to book direct and make the request when making the reservation. We will always try to oblige!

Hope to see you on your next visit.