“Very friendly, comfortable B&B with fab breakfasts”
Review of Hill House Farm

Hill House Farm
Ranked #5 of 7 Tarporley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at Hill Farm during a recent riding holiday. Catherine made me feel very welcome and the accommodation was excellent with great facilities. My room looked out onto the stable yard and it was lovely to see the horses and dogs. Breakfasts were absolutely amazing with a large choice of food available. Sybil the household pet westie was a delight to play with. I'll definitely come back...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Catherine & Nick welcomed 12 of us to their fabulous home, all horses & humans made very welcome and looked after superbly throughout our stay. Catherine served all 12 of us a hearty english breakfast in one sitting. I stayed in the country lodge and it is absolute luxury! I could see my horse in his stable from the front window. We will be booking to return again next year, at least once!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Lodge and it was total 5*
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely stay for a week. Breakfasts were of a high standard and served in a beautiful room and family china. En suite and shower brilliant with views over the stable yard. Rooms very warm due to both the lovely weather and the Aga underneath. Fan was provided. I would recommend this B&B to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed here as part of a riding holiday. Catherine and Nick are excellent hosts and most welcoming. I was in Peckforton. Spotlessly clean, and everything you could need right at hand, including toothbrushes, razors, bathrobes. Breakfasts set you up for the day with plenty of choice. I would recommend Hill House Farm to anyone, and I'm looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: July 2013
Thank A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. We had the lodge for 4 BIGGS with my 3 and a half old daughter and my parents. Couldn't believe the size of the lodge. So kid friendly also, with all the garden area fenced in. Surrounded by cows, chickens and horses. Catherine and Nick were brilliant. They have a daughter the same age as mine and made us so welcome in the paddicks and when my daughter wanted to ride on their pony and play on the trampoline.
Great area to explore. Go to the Hollies Farm Shop. Very tasty food. The lodge is great value for money and we would love to refurb ASAP

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed in Chirk Cottage for 5 days with Paddy, border collie. Although small, it was very comfortable indeed - lovely and clean and the facilities were excellent. Lovely views from the bedroom window showed unspoilt countryside all the way to the horizon.

The furniture was a very comfy recliner sofa (there was also a chair) and the bed was super comfortable with nice crisp cotton sheets. Beautifully soft towels in the ensuite bathroom .... well suffice to say that it was a good choice and Catherine was a very welcoming and friendly hostess.

Excellent ... no other word for it. Would recommend it to anyone - the cottage is just big enough for two people.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo