“The best pub in the world!”
Review of The Boot Inn

The Boot Inn
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Tarporley
Cuisines: International, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Excellent food and service in beautiful surroundings, with plenty of local ale. We also do are own walking book with six circular walks to suite all.We open all day every day from 10am until 11.30, food is served from 12 until 2.30 for lunch and 6 until 9.30 for dinner from Monday to Thursday and all day from 12 until 9.30 Fridays ,Saturday ,and Sunday.You can look at out menus on our website, we also have many boards that change often and roast beef every Sunday ..
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pub in the world!”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

We started riding at Willington Hall 3 years ago and always spend an hour at least in the Boot after we have finished. We have never had less than a really friendly welcome - all the staff are a delight and really make you feel welcome - and the food (especially the steak and ale pie!) is wonderful. No music, no fruit machines, no traffic, a beautiful labrador (Harvey) and cat (Sooty) and views to die for make this a truely idyllic spot. In fact we love the pub and the village so much - WE ARE MOVING THERE!

• Visited May 2011

“The most unfriendly place I have ever been.....”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

The poor waitress was a dream and I couldn't have asked for a nicer person, however we arrived with my 2 year old and my 11 month old, both who are more than used to eating out and we were made to feel like we had walked in with 2 knife wheelding hoodies.
No highchairs , well ok I cant understand it but thought not a problem we can use our pushchair at the table for my daughter. No Childrens menu or even the provision for a child meal..... Again not really a problem for us as we ordered a fishpie with pies for them to share......
The rudeness came when we were ordered to sit in the 'snug' aka the darkest walkway between the toilet and the accommodation upstairs.... And certainly not a snug in it's nature. Then the landlady, came through asked us to remove our pushchair as she can't have her pub filled with Pushchairs , when I tried to explain that this is where our daughter was going to sit, she was very arguementive and huffed, well this time it can stay but for future reference it wouldn't be allowed.......
There was nobody else in the pub..... We were the only people in there for the whole duration of our visit!!!
I would like to reiterate that our waitress tried very hard to make us as welcome as possible, but unfortunately first impressions count and this pub had already made a lasting one on me!

1 Thank LucyF1979