“Impromptu lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Malpas, United Kingdom
“Impromptu lunch”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Sat outside on a sunny day! . Excellent friendly and efficient staff and the food was delicious! We were both delighted. Definitely recommend.

Chester, United Kingdom
“What a cracker!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with my family on a very busy Bank Holiday Sunday afternoon.
Very friendly, attentive staff. Good selection of real ale and the barman offered tasters to help us make our mind up!
Sunday Roasts and dishes from their new menu were excellent! Even though it was busy we got our food quickly. Our waitress was keen to ensure we were having a super time.
All in all a cracking afternoon and a pub we can't wait to visit again soon!

Nantwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“After rave review very disappointed”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

After seeing the cookery demonstration at Nantwich food festival last year thought we would try it for our wedding anniversary.went on a Thursday evening so was not too busy. Went through the door and the first thing that greeted us was a big black Labrador!It obviously belonged to a customer drinking in the bar.Ordered food which was OK not exceptional.Think I should have ordered something else.Asked if meal came with potatoes as was not on menu.Told yes but did not come with any. when asked the waitress she said yes it was sweet potatoes.Went to pay at bar and lo and behold there was another dog sitting with a customer about ten feet from the first table where people would be eating.We certainly would not go again.The place itself was nothing special.Apart from anything else I do not think dogs should be allowed in eating establishments.seemed to attract more of the "local yokels".Hooray Henry types.

1 Thank John B
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Nice Country Pub”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Excellent food. Friendly staff. Very busy and popular. Nice location. Good variety of dishes available.

Visited May 2014
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Oh DEAR, what a disappointment and drop in quality”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had been looking to have the opportunity to revisit this pub after our first very happy experience here two years ago. After a long drive we arrived at 12:20pm midweek but had been beaten by a group (a party of aprox 10) booking. Fair enough, and we were warned by staff member there could be a slight delay so were talked into purchasing an exhorbitantly priced packet of crisps to keep us going.
As ever there was a good (but not inexpensive) selection of beers, 'though one requested turned out to be not available but another choice was soon plumbed in. (I later found on checking my bill that I was overcharged for one of my 3 x third pint glass taster selections, but this is worth trying to find your favourite). Alas, when our meals arrived the disappointment set in: My wife's minute steak soggy ciabatta sandwich came with a paltry undressed salad and pale, dry, flacid, lukewarm chips. My gammon was on the small side and very uninspiring with a small overcooked egg perched on it, no vegetables, and just a sprig of watercress. My chips were also disappointing (£12!). We did not bother with any of the expensive desserts. All in all a very disappointing experience and not cheap. Having been warned about the delay the service from the waitresses was fine, but the barman did not warn me that one of my choices was not included in the 3rd pint sample glass offer and charged me an extra £1.60 for a third of pint of beer! The visit was not worth the drive or the expense. On the plus side they still allow small well behaved dogs in so at least we had some friendly company. From our last fondly remembered visit the atmosphere, presentation and food quality seem to have evaporated and they are sadly resting on their reputation we're sorry to say.

1 Thank james f