“Fun, Fun, Fun,” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cheshire Cooks
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Tarporley
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Cheshire Cooks is located in a converted Barn in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. It is a unique venue offering a fresh approach to cooking with exciting classes that emphasize hands-on cookery and inspirational teaching, using top quality seasonal, local produce. Whether your aim is to cook for pleasure, learn to cook as a professional, or enjoy a team building exercise with colleagues, our tutors will offer courses designed to suit the complete novice through to the experienced enthusiast. Combine your course with an overnight stay at the Lakeside Barn.
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Fun, Fun, Fun,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I booked Cheshire cooks for an evening of cooking as a surprise 50th Birthday for my friend and 10 other pals. It was superb and the six men with us really enjoyed it. The food was great, even though I cooked it myself and the wine was flowing. Really great evening with special memories for all of us.

Mandy P

Visited February 2012

Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Move over Moules and let the Souffle rise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

An amazing day of gastronic enormity!! I had been waiting patiently since receiving a gift voucher as an Xmas present. The day was packed full of hands-on cookery. Not a moment was wasted sat watching someone else cook. We jumped straight in with the lobster, well actually the lobster went in the pot alone and came out blushing red and perfectly boiled. The atmosphere was fun, relaxed and thoroughly enjoyable. Both Philip and his assistant chef Jordon helped create a memorable day which included the cooking of at least 11...yes 11 dishes including breads and desserts. As the waistline expanded and the bouillabaisse was slurped the fish cakes had already settled allowing some room for the scollops to paddle with the sole. Never have I risen so well as what was witnessed with my souffle... a delight to behold! My work colleagues are drooling with the hope of gifts a plenty!! I'm ready to do dessert now! Thank you so much!!!!

Visited April 2012
Congleton
“Bakers Dozen, it means just that. 13 Baked Goods in a day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

An excellent day in an excellent setting. I attended the Cheshire Cooks 'Bakers Dozen' Course, and what a great day it was. The knowledge of the staff was second to none, and great hospitality from them. It was like I have known them for years. The course itself was very informative with a lot of skills and techniques learnt. It was baking from the start of the day right to the end, and my car boot was full of baked goods to take home at the end of the day. Consisting of Tea Loaf, Lemon Dizzle cake, cup cakes, bakewell tart, cheese and onion loaf, pizza, chocolate ecclairs and much more. A Fantastic course for anyone with a passion or interest for baking.

Visited April 2012
cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No fuss entertaining course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I attended the above course yesterday - 7th March - which was a birthday present given to me by my husband and what a terrific time I had. I was greeted by Philip and met Pam and Neil and had a coffee before we started cooking. The relaxed atmosphere made the day a real fun day but very informative, and I found it very inspirational. The meals I prepared were very impressive and tasted fantastic, and were suitable for either every day meals or entertaining. Lots could be prepared in advance so time could be spent with guests rather than in the kitchen. Overall a very enjoyable day in a superb setting, I would thoroughly recommend this course, and Cheshire Cooks in general.

Visited March 2012
birmingham
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“thoroughly enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

what a fab christmas pressie I was given.my sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days with Neil and Philip.as with their hotel and restaurant everything was beyond our expectations and we got our ingredients on the way home to re create the delicious dishes we made and ate.we are already discussing plans to return for tapas