“AMAZING” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cheshire Cooks
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Tarporley
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Cheshire Cooks is located in a converted Barn in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. It is a unique venue offering a fresh approach to cooking with exciting classes that emphasize hands-on cookery and inspirational teaching, using top quality seasonal, local produce. Whether your aim is to cook for pleasure, learn to cook as a professional, or enjoy a team building exercise with colleagues, our tutors will offer courses designed to suit the complete novice through to the experienced enthusiast. Combine your course with an overnight stay at the Lakeside Barn.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

My day as a Cheshire cook has been an experience I will take away with me forever!

I genuinely believe that I have taken away skills that I will hopefully share and pass down to my own children one day.

Philip the chef is an inspiration, a testament and a reminder of what you can achieve with hard work and how you can remain humble and grounded with it. I was so nervous driving through Delamere Forrest as I made my way to the school. I need not have been, as I was made to feel at ease from the minute I arrived and advised to make myself at home....... I can honestly say I was quite emotional to leave at the end as I had such an amazing time from start to completion!

I never could have imagined the following to be non-fuss but after a non stop, hands on day I have been converted...........as we prepared Creme brûlées we could smell our freshly made bread baking away in the oven, on to knife skills finely chopping in preparation for the beautiful sauce to accompany the muscles, from starters of warm salad, goats cheese and salmon goujons to mains of chicken chasseur, prawn sweet&sour and lancashire hot pot. Creme Brûlées, Mille feuilles and fruit tarts for desserts! Delicious!

Fresh food, beautiful wines and great company! Nothing was too much trouble, I would recommend this to people of all ages and any abilities.....this recommendation cannot come highly enough.

This experience is truly priceless and my words have not come close to doing this justice. I would encourage anyone to give this a try!

Well done to Cheshire Cooks a winning formula and you thoroughly deserve it!

I cannot thank you enough!

Harrogate
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“interesting, informative AND fun!! wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

We booked the one day "fish and shellfish" course, and after getting directions from the green bough hotel we arrived and were met by Phillip, who made us feel at ease straightaway. Although the weather was awful, the location was still stunning and we were encouraged to wander about and explore. The lessons were thorough, fun and totally hands on, with a few demonstrations we were away, bread making, soups and starters, prawns and squid, filleting various fishes and gutting and preparing trout. i have to say a big thank-you to Nathan, who ran about all day cleaning up after us. We have both taken away a new found eagerness for seafood and a large kitchen equipment shopping list!
well worth it and recommended as a great activity. cheers again Phillip and Nathan - We will be back!

North Wales
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Three friends and one other person (now four friends!) attended Cheshire Cookery school today for a knife skills course which included cooking two courses.
What a fabulous day to spend a day, fun, informative, fruitfull and tasty!
Philip Martin led us, ably assisted by Soux Chef Jordan. Such an enjoyable day. You all should try it!

Visited January 2013
Billinge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Learning to cook doesn't get much better than this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Great day, great surroundings, learnt a lot of skills, from 2 (not 1) chefs. The instruction and attention to detail that Philip Martin and his team gave was first class. In one day, 1 loaf, 4 starters, 2 mains, 3 puddings - amazing, and took home enough for dinner that evening. Had a great time will be booking more courses. Well recommended and value for money.

Visited November 2012
Glossop, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Thank you so much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Oh my goodness! I can not believe how much we got done in a day. No sitting watching here but hands on from the first minute to the last. Made bread, prepped and cooked a squid, learned to fillet fish, cooked a four course lunch AND took home a four course dinner. Philip and team made this a real day to remember. What makes it so special? It is not about the chef and what he can do but all about you and what he can guide you to do. Philip takes personal service and attention to a high standard - the patience of a saint, and a calm relaxed atmosphere. The venue is just stunning too. Don't change a thing - you have a winning formula here and I really do wish you every success with this venture. Oh - and my husband siad the Moules were gorgeous, the Autumn Pudding was delicious, and can i bring him next time

Visited November 2012