“One Day Meat Cookery Course”
Review of Cheshire Cooks

Cheshire Cooks
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Tarporley
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Cheshire Cooks is located in a converted Barn in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. It is a unique venue offering a fresh approach to cooking with exciting classes that emphasize hands-on cookery and inspirational teaching, using top quality seasonal, local produce. Whether your aim is to cook for pleasure, learn to cook as a professional, or enjoy a team building exercise with colleagues, our tutors will offer courses designed to suit the complete novice through to the experienced enthusiast. Combine your course with an overnight stay at the Lakeside Barn.
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We have just spent the most fabulous day with Philip Martin at Cheshire Cooks. The environment of the cookery school is perfect to set you off to a most enjoyable day, set right by a beautiful lake. Philip's knowledge and experience would be hard to beat anywhere, and yet he makes you feel very much at ease, regardless of your own skill level. The quality of his fresh produce sourced from local morning markets was second to none. We covered a huge variety of different starters, main courses and desserts, from Cheese Soufflé to Beef Wellington to Creme Brûlée. We learned how to prepare/debone a variety of presentations of Chicken, lamb and beef and best of all, we sat down together to eat what we had prepared with a lovely bottle of wine. It was a wonderful all round experience which we shall remember for a long time and highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Last week I attended the fish & shellfish course and it was awesome. The course was delivered by Phillip Martin and it was brilliant. HIs extensive knowledge and attention to detail was inspiring You were taken through every element step by step, with explanation and clarity. Great to learn new skills and extremely enjoyable tasting the food we prepared! and what a selection of fish and shellfish .... lobster, prawns, scallops squid, sole, salmon, an amazing experience. Fab to meet other foodies too. The day ended with Phillip giving us a folder to take away with the recipes from the day, our aprons and a beautiful selection of fish to cook at home with our newly learnt skills to share with family or friends. It really was delightful and Phillip was an excellent host, we didn't want for anything. I would highly recommend Cheshire Cooks.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

What an experience! You don't need to take anything along but yourself. Make sure you can roll up your sleeves and remove your jewellery. The welcome at Cheshire Cooks certainly puts you at your ease. The environment was pleasant and the view out the windows is beautiful. I had an absolutely fantastic learning experience. I was a bit wary about preparing the fish but Philip was so helpful it was a really enjoyable experience. I learnt so much about the preparation and cooking of a range of fish and shellfish. Eating the food we prepared was great. I could not fault any part of the day! I will certainly use my new skills soon and impress my family and friends.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just attended the Fish and shellfish Course and had a great time. Philip Martin was a great teacher!! We experienced so much in a short time from gutting and filleting fish to making a Bouillabaisse!! Met some great people and would definitely recommend it to others!!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

What a fabulous day, in a truly lovely setting. I was lucky enough to have Philip's expertise all to myself on the one-day culinary course.
After a welcome coffee, we got straight to work, starting with bread and a selection of lovely desserts. We then moved on to some lovely, but beautifully simple starters - sure to impress our friends and family. Philip showed me some very useful knife & butchery skills and some lovely main course options, which if doing for a dinner party, would allow you time to relax with friends, rather than slave in the kitchen all evening - perfect!
It was lovely to sample the dishes I prepared as the day progressed, along with a glass of wine of course! Philip was a great 'teacher' and allowed me to do everything, rather than me standing watching him.
I would highly recommend the course - a great day for any budding chef . Looking forward to putting my new skills to the test!