“Perfect”

Willington Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tarporley
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here at the beginning of December and it was a perfect start to our festive season. Staff helpful and friendly. Lovely room. Good food at dinner (especially the creme caramel). Great breakfast. Loved the fact that when we came downstairs on 1 December a beautifully decorated tree had magically appeared overnight. Thanks

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was an opportunistic find and we were delighted with our stay. The staff were lovely and more than helpful. Rooms big and well appointed happy to recommend. The food was well presented fresh and tasty .

• Stayed: December 2013
willingtonsi, General Manager at Willington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear magpie350,

Thank you for submitting your recent review of Willington Hall Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your comments to the rest of your team. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels across the UK!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for one night in December as part of a mini break in Cheshire. The building itself is fabulous with large, airy rooms and plenty of original features, and outside the pretty gardens are well tended. A kitchen garden provides greens for the restaurant and much of the hotel's food is locally sourced. The Willington Hall Hotel is family owned which makes a refreshing change as its individuality and traditions of older establishments shows through. I assume the staff are very well treated by the proprietors as they seem such a happy bunch and are courteous and helpful. Our large room was decorated and upholstered in a traditional style and the bed was huge - you could probably fit a family in it! The beautiful views of the rolling Cheshire countryside extended across to Wales. The bathroom was also large and has been updated in a contemporary style. We enjoyed a tasty evening meal in the bar which was very reasonably priced, along with a (slightly pricey) bottle of decent wine. Unfortunately there was a lack of atmosphere, but this was largely down to the fact that there were very few diners (understandably, as it was a Sunday evening in December) and they had all disappeared by mid- evening. I would have preferred some gentle background music (maybe classical - as befits a classical building) to relax with. Breakfast the next morning was served in the lovely restaurant and in addition to the usual choice of cooked breakfast, cereals and toast, there were home made jams and fresh croissants. The Willington Hall has an element of faded grandeur, but this does not detract from the fact that it is still beautiful and hospitality is excellent. The hotel was comfortably warm all the time, the reception warmer still - and we will certainly return if we stay in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
willingtonsi, General Manager at Willington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear _Love2Roam_Yorkshire,

Thank you for submitting your review of Willington Hall Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back again soon. I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night here for a "do" at the hotel.
I was very impressed by the accomodation and rooms. Very comfortable, bar areas welcoming, comfortable and the staff were mreo than helpful to us and all our friends.
My wife and I have stayed at many hotels for weekend treats and this is right up there.
We live only nearby but would consider coming back just to relax and have a night of feeling pampered.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
willingtonsi, General Manager at Willington Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Bensmumanddad, thank you for submitting your recent review of Willington Hall Hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Willington Hall again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Everything about our stay was wonderful - this hotel definitely has the 'wow' factor. From the moment we arrived until when we checked out the staff were helpful and attentive. The public areas are beautiful and our room was spacious and comfortable. We dined in the hotel restaurant and found the food to be superb and reasonably priced. Breakfast next morning was also excellent. The location is ideal, only 15 mins from Chester. We are already planning our next stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs Radent,
Thank you for adding your review of Willington Hall Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hall next time you visit Chester!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at Willington Hall for five nights, but wish it could have been for more. From the outset, the stay was superb. As we arrived, the car park was adorned with a multitude of Rolls Royces! We were very warmly welcomed at reception who informed us that a Rolls Royce owners club was having lunch there! We were also told that we had been upgraded - a complete and extremely pleasant surprise.

Our room (no.4), overlooking the front of the Hall, was very large with a huge, comfortable bed. The decoration was good and we heard no appreciable noise to disturb our peace from either inside the hotel or outside during our stay. The ensuite (bath with shower over) clean with all the toiletries you could want.

The first evening there we had a delicious bar snack - a hotel 'speciality' - the spinach pancake served by the attentive barman who gave us the low down on sites to see in the area. We only managed to eat in the restaurant once during our stay, but the food was outstanding and very reasonably priced.

To sum up, Willington Hall is in a beautiful, peaceful location - exactly what we wanted - and was made extra special by all of the staff who, without exception, were always friendly, responded to requests immediately and just made us feel at home. Perfect!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob C,
Thank you for submitting your lovely review of Willington Hall Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourselves with the added treat of our regular Rolls Royce club. I have passed on your comments to the rest of the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed for two nights with two friends.We had a huge room each with a lovely king size bed. The decor was in keeping with the architecture of the building and the rooms were comfortable and cosy but, as others have mentioned, they could do with some renovation. We stayed during late October but the weather was warm ; the room was warm enough but I would be slightly worried about staying in deep winter because, whilst one radiator was warm(ish), the other provided no heat at all.The bed in my room, room 2 ,was comfy but the pillows were slightly thin and hard. The bathroom was large and clean, the towels were nice and thick and the shower worked well. We ate in the bar one lunchtime and took dinner in the dining room twice. The food was excellent and the service good. Breakfast was also tasty and well presented although I would have liked a wider variety of fruit. The staff throughout were amongst the friendliest I have ever encountered. I would love to return to Willington Hall.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear meopi76,
It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Willington Hall. I must apologise for the lack of adequate heating however In the future please do not hesitate to ask for additional heaters or blankets we would be only too happy to accommodate you. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hall soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarporley
The Swan Tarporley
#1 of 1 in Oakmere
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Willington Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!