“Amazing venue fantastic wedding!!”

Willington Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tarporley
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Amazing venue fantastic wedding!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my husband held our wedding here on 8/8/2014 and from the very first day we viewed the venue we knew it was the place for us!!
Every single detail put into our day was amazing and we can not begin to thank the staff enough. Simon, Natalie, Debbie, Michele and the rest of the team went above and beyond to ensure our day run the way we had planned it! Every time we went to willington whether it be for menu tasting, open day and our wedding we was always welcomed and made to feel at home! Willington staff are like one big happy family where nothing is too much trouble! The food was outstanding the rooms are massive and comfortable and the views are amazing.
Simon and his team are by far the nicest people we have come across and not for one minute did we ever doubt our choice of venue. If I had to write a negative point it would be that our wedding day went too fast and we couldn't spend more time here!! Simon was even weather watching right down to the dying seconds to ensure we could have the outdoor wedding we had our hearts set on and even with a few clouds in the sky which turned into a really hot day we never doubted that Simon would get it right!!
We had a meal the night before with 12 family and friends and even the food and service then was outstanding!!
I can never thank willington and all the staff for giving us our perfect day and making it run so smoothly we felt so relaxed!!
Once again massive Thankyou we will highly recommend you and we will definetly be back to stay and pop in for lunch!!
Mr & Mrs Massey

Room Tip: The bridal room has a massive four poster bed but every room is massive!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelz7683

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed for one night whilst attending a wedding reception at the nearby Nunsmere Hall Hotel. Willington Hall has clearly been a very grand property in it's day, but currently looks like it could do with an injection of cash to spruce it up. I imagine the upkeep on a hotel of this age and size must be tremendous.The grounds are pleasant and there is a lovely terrace where you can dine or enjoy a drink. The food was good, but not outstanding and I found the cooked breakfast a little greasy for my taste. All of the staff members were pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious, but the bathroom could do with being refurbished - not a problem for one night although I might have been disappointed if we had been staying longer.
You can access the Sandstone Trail nearby if you enjoy walking and with Chester nearby there would be plenty to do on a weekend break. There is a riding stables next door which I would have enjoyed if we had more time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed here on multiple occasions in the run up to our wedding and on our wedding day for a few nights. The staff have been always more than happy to assist with anything you require and were always polite and inviting.
The grounds and building are great, and well-kept after and the atmosphere has always been pleasant.
We have had multiple meals and haven’t once been disappointed with its very high quality every time, cooked perfectly and delicious.
On our wedding day, the staff were beyond amazing, and I couldn’t recommend it enough as a venue. From the start they were more than open to our ideas and were more than happy to accommodate, add and grow our ideas without steering them away from the original plan or into a set package.
Michele (maître d) was amazing, he seemed to be everywhere at once and always on hand when needed and was a real asset, and went above and beyond in order to make our day very special.
Debbie (Housekeeper) was fantastic and allowed us to see all the rooms before our big day which really helped us in ensuring our guests all got the most appropriate room, and kindly suggested a room change for my grandparents so they had fewer stairs to navigate.
Simon (Manager) was more than accommodating and helpful assisting us with extra room decorations and decorating the room. He also gave us some insight into the history of the building.
All the staff played their role perfectly and were more than helpful throughout all our stays, above is just a few examples of how I felt they went beyond my expectations for our special day.

Room Tip: We visited all the rooms, had my best man booked in a 'Standard' room, but all the 'Stan...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert H
Blackpool
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for two nights. My brother had his wedding there. It was outstanding! The staff were above and beyond.

The Hall itself is loaded with histories and tales. The grounds are beautiful, with many mature trees. It also proved to be ethically and organically minded.

Our room was huge and very inviting. All facilities present.

I would recommend for wedding venue or a holiday! Not an experience we will forget and for all the right reasons!

• Stayed July 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Expected more... Returned a cold steak after waiting an hour, came complete with skinned sauce, girl on reception on arrival was excellent, when she heard about me sending steak back she tried her best however after waiting an hour for a cold rare steak it was now time to retire to bed. The waitress seemed to want to debate the subject however no amount of debating would convince me an hour was acceptable and to provide a cold steak with skinned over sauce is something you can't defend "apart from that what is wrong with your meal" I suppose the answer was nothing if you choose to ignore the issues. The receptionist offered something else however I was going to bed on an empty stomach she insisted on me eating and I opted for two backs of crisps, yes two packs of crisps for my evening meal at the Willington. In the morning I informed the reception of my experience, I was offered a reduction in my bill however two things to point out, I was not looking for a reduction and would not accept one and even it I had accepted a reduction how does this make good 1 hour for a cold steak? I never accept reductions as I feel this compromises Trip Advisor reviews, hotels defend themselves by saying "the customer only wanted a reduction and tried to hold them to ransom" I only report my experience and the service level the hotel chose to provide me, the Manager did try to call me and left a message saying he would call again, I have waited over a month to provide a fair opportunity for him.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Travelgo_visit
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just returned from holding our sons wedding here. I cannot praise this highly enough the location is perfect, peaceful yet easy to access. The staff all went above and beyond anything we could have expected everyone of them pleasant, friendly and efficient. The rooms spacious and well appointed. We had both lunch and evening meals on the day prior to the wedding and the quality of the food and service was outstanding. Michel was always present to help with anything we needed during the day and his efforts were much appreciated. We had 6 rooms Friday night and all 12 Saturday but needed to swop several people to different rooms on different nights. Debbie managed to accommodate this moving beds in and out of rooms during breakfast with breathtaking speed and efficiency.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve H
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We got married at Willington Hall in March 2013. So good was the day we decided that we'd go back every anniversary. The owners and staff at Willington Hall make the place even more special than the beautiful building does on its own. We felt like we were being treated like family upon our return (even though I foolishly got our dates wrong by a day). The rooms are loverly in a traditional way each with good views though the wedding suite has the best in my opinion. The food is fantastic and the service is very professional especially if you eat in the restaurant. The food is so good that we have visited just to eat. We just love the place and booked our next stay on the morning that we left.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarporley
The Swan Tarporley
The Royal Oak Hotel
The Royal Oak Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelsall
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa

Been to Willington Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!