“Brilliant”

Oulton Park Circuit
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Tarporley
More attraction details
Owner description: Built into the natural contours of the Cheshire countryside, Oulton Park's combination of stunning scenery and spectacular racing make it one of the most picturesque and best-loved circuits for spectators and competitors alike.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been to most race circuits in the UK over the years except Oulton Park and I shall regret this regret for ever. A truly great circuit for visitors and talking to some of the drivers a view shared by them. It's a great circuit from a spectators perspective, from virtually anyway around the track there are great views of long straights, sweeping bends and tricky chicanes. The layout of the circuit encourages you to walk around to different spots and experience a different vantage point. I was lucky enough to be there as a corporate guest for the BTC meeting so I was well looked after but the general experience was great. We had sunshine and rain on the same day which made the racing even more interesting. The facilities were to a high standard and the car parking was well organised. When I came to leave I was literally out if the car park in less than 1 minute via a rear access gate. The perfect day out.

1  Thank David G

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Even the weather could not spoil a great weekends racing, although the btcc races wern't great the supporting super touring car races were worth the trip alon

1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I normally go to donington park every year for the btcc, this year I also went to oulton park what a difference oulton park has to be the best motor racing circuit in the uk.the facilities are superb getting in and out is so easy, we had a fantastic weekend and will definitely be going back next year, donington's loss is oulton's gain and on a final note if you want to take photos of the racing this place is second to none.

2  Thank Duncan S
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was my very first visit, ever, to a touring car event,...am I now a converted petrol head....no...but this was without doubt a fantastic day out.
We got there early and parking was busy but very well organised, and we then spent a couple of hours wandering around the pits checking out the cars, which were amazing, you could get real close, take photos and even chat with the mechanic guys, so for all you who love this stuff it's definitely the place to be.
The races themselves, were incredibly exciting, although from our standing position, the views were limited, however we had the benefit of the huge outdoor screen.
There were crashes and bumps and lots of noise, and the different races and classes and age groups kept everything interesting.
The whole experience was made up by the thousands of like minded spectators with their mini camping, chairs and BBQ which all made for a fantastic family day out

However on the downside......I have been to many outdoor events and festivals and I can say without any doubt the food here was the worst We have ever had, not the priciest, but definitely the worst...we were promised "the best chips in the world".... And the the greatest "Aberdeen Angus burger " ever....not even close...and both made your high street chain offerings seem like Michelin star......such a shame and the organisers should take some responsibility for this and install some kind of quality control and not just give up the pitches to those prepared to pay the fees.
As it looked like the race crews, and hospitality guests were incredibly well catered for with some quality pop up restaurants......
I will balance this by saying the couple of pints of Guinness we had were cold and well kept and certainly worth the £4 each.

A highly recommended family day out, and a memorable stop off on my WORLD DOMINATION TOUR
Hope you enjoyed reading my review and consider leaving me a helpful vote as I always try to be honest and unbiased with the places I visit.
Please feel free to check out my other world wide reviews, bye for now...
Ming

1  Thank EmperorMing
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic day out at the BRCC

This was the first time that we'd gone to this type of event.

The queues to the car park were long however this was down to traffic lights not the site traffic management team

Parking inside the venue was straight forwards, was a bit worried due to the recent heavy rain but all was well.

The race event went ahead with no problems, apart from a huge rain shower however this didn't dampen any atmosphere.

Overall £32 per adult was sufficient for a great day out.