“Great food, great beer, great place”
Review of Foresters Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarporley
Foresters Arms
Ranked #2 of 7 Tarporley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed here in may and thought it was great. The staff are friendly and welcoming and what was also nice is that the locals are too. Good selection of drinks and lovely food. I found the pub to be well situated as it was easy to get to surrounding areas, the landlord even gave us a lift to the nearby train station so we could get to Manchester. Definite value for money and I would recommend it to anybody

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Foresters Arms

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have recently completed an End-to-End cycle ride, and this is one of the B&Bs I stayed in. My plan was to stay in privately owned facilities, rather than chains.

The Foresters is a pub, with rooms above, but there is no need to worry about any noise from the bar, if you want an early night. My room (Twin with single occupancy) was £40B&B. My cycle was locked into the storeroom, with all the stock, so as safe as you can get. When I asked for a little washing powder for to rinse out my cycle gear, I was told it would be no problem to launder my things in the machine on a fast wash and returned to me in no time.
The room was OK for the money, like wise, the breakfast - Everything you could want and in good quantity, but this is a £40B&B and the quality is proportionate, but still good VFM. I am sure that the Swan – 200m up the road would provide a better breakfast and a more comfortable room, but their tariff starts at £60B&B, and I’m sure you may need to spend more time chatting to get your cycle things washed for free.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice. Saturday lunch with my cousins. 3 fish chips and peas and a curry all well cooked and presented.
We had been emptying our dead cousins house prior to it being sold and had worked up quite an apetite, so on the reccomendation of a neighbour we went to the Foresters Arms.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have stayed here for three months due to working in the area. This first night i arrived was very welcoming from the staff and were very accommodating. The food cooked regarding breakfast and evening meal was cooked to a very high standard. The rooms have everything you want and really good value for money and will be back for a nice break in the future. The people in Tarporley are very friendly

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 24 March 2013

A very well situated bed and breakfast. It proved very convenient for me as it was in the middle of two work places and not far from Chester. Everyone was welcoming and polite and instantly made you feel right at home. The bedrooms were ideal, couldn't have asked for more. The food in the evening is brilliant and the one and only breakfast I had was fantastic. A massive thank you for making me packed lunches as I was unable to make breakfast in the mornings. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The staff are so friendly as are the locals. They really went out of their way to help us and actually couldn't have done any more for us. I would recommend The Foresters to anyone. The food is excellent too. A big thanks to them and we look forward to staying there again in June.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
stu064, Owner at Foresters Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thanks for your comments from when you stayed with us earlier in the year, we hope to see you again in the near future,
Regards,
Stuart Hulse.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Foresters Arms is a cosy and welcoming country inn situated on the main road through Tarporley.

Staff there were very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant and bar, but on the weekend it seems to be more of a drinkers place. I can only go off the breakfast and say that the food was very nice.

Our room was interesting. Very dated layout and VERY odd bathroom that i can't even begin to explain. It was all functional though and the bed was super comfy. The only real downside was the noise. Our room (No.4) was right over the bar and was very noisy until closing time. The plumbing was also incredibly loud during the night. I guess it would be ok if you were downstairs in the bar having a drink and then went to bed later on.

All in all it wasn't so bad. The staff and nice atmosphere made up for the noise. The main thing with a place like this is the price. It's hard to beat really.

Give it a go.

Room Tip: Not room 4. Perhaps one at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarporley
The Swan Tarporley
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
The Crown Hotel
The Crown Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tarporley

Been to Foresters Arms? Share your experiences!