“First class riding school”

Willington Hall Riding Centre
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“First class riding school”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My friend and I have just come back from an excellent riding holiday at Willington Hall Riding Stables and have been thoroughly spoilt by the excellent horses and tuition we received.

We bought a holiday package deal through the Equestrian Escapes website whereby we had two nights bed and breakfast at Willington Hall Hotel and three private lessons and a hack at the stables all for £305. Given the cost of horse riding lessons in London, this was a bargain!

Our instructor Chris was lovely - she was kind and patient but pushed us and gave us interesting exercises to do in our lessons. It was great to experience an instructor who actually was really focused on our individual needs rather than being the shoutey, bored types who seem to hate giving lessons which I've encountered before.

The other staff at the stables were also friendly and very tolerant of two girls turning up very early for their lessons just so they could pet the horses.

Which brings me on to the real stars - the horses at this school are lovely! They aren't your typical bored, riding school horses who just like to follow the tail of the horse in front and won't be persuaded otherwise. The beauties here compete as well as do lessons. I rode Red who is truly a fantastic horse for a not so confident rider - he's an absolute gent who was responsive, would actually slow down if he felt I was slipping and has a very cute habit of taking his reins in his mouth. I wanted to bring him back to London with me!

All in all, I can't recommend this place enough and want to come back again soon!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank BPR29

Tarporley, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best stables ever!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have ridden at Willington for 14 years now and I cannot fault it. The horses are all very well schooled and can cater for beginners to advanced riders. They are not nose-to-tail plods and all have distinct personalities (what they all have in common is that they are all lovely!) The instructors are all very experienced and friendly and do wonders for your riding!

It's also very well placed for hacking- there's 1 hour and 1.5 hour hacks to Primrose woods and 3 hour rides to kelsall farm ride or delamere forest. I love hacking!

The downside to riding at Willington is that it makes you very fussy - no other yard will ever measure up!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank helenkr
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Horseriding lessons and hacks”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The riding and horses were brilliant. We learned a lot under expert instruction and had a really enjoyable and informative hack, which was great. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming that we immediately felt at ease when arriving at the stables. We were introduced to all of the horses, all of which were also very friendly and it was interesting to hear how many of the horses actively compete, making it a privilege for us to be able to ride them. The private lessons were first-class and it was so good to be riding horses which were responsive and able to teach the rider so much.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Karen T
Sa Pobla, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A pleasend ride”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I run a riding stables in mallorca and came over to stay with a friend for a weekend, my friend took me for a hack at willington.
I had a very nice horse call Fast and he gave me a wonderful ride,the horses are very well look after, very safe and confident. I enjoyed the country side and the staff couldn't be more friendly.
There is not doubt that I will visit them again.
Thank you very much.

3 Thank Hipica_Formentor
Basel, Switzerland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful week of riding!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My daughter and me stayed for a great week in Willington Hall Hotel. She was booked for a whole week of horse riding at the next door STABLES.
She says: I had a wonderful week of riding! Very friendly staff and best hacking and riding opportunities. Looking forward to the next time!
I cannot agree more!