“Wedding”
Review of The Swan Tarporley

The Swan Tarporley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tarporley
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Had a fanastic weekend they really look after me as i was the groom they ever allowed me to stay in my room till 2 30 on the day of my checkout (married at 3)
The service was great and the staff bend over backwards to accomadate my needs full.marks thanks to the swan

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband and I arrived after a 5hr journey from Poole, to a lovely welcome yesterday by various members of staff at this hotel, who could not have been more helpful. We found the bedroom to be extremely comfortable with a modernised en-suite which was excellent. We enjoyed a relaxing breakfast with attentive service. We stayed here to meet up with friends & family and would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

spent one night at The Swan Tarporley for business. Tiny room although had booked a single, TV didn't work - very helpful man came up and spent 10 minutes trying to fix it but to no avail and as hotel was full wasn't able to move me. Some work going on at the hotel and the new sash window fixing with three long sharp screws sticking out came off in my hand. As one of only two single people at breakfast, I sat and waited next to a table of 6 which hadn't been cleared for someone to come and offer tea/coffee but in the end had to walk round the hotel trying to find someone. One person table is situated within hearing distance of kitchen staff/radio.Not impressed. Paid £65 for single room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lathey
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Great welcoming atmosphere at this historic hotel. All the staff were very helpful, well trained & friendly. We enjoyed drinks and interesting bar snacks in the courtyard beer garden and an excellent evening meal and breakfast. Our bedroom was "tired countryhouse" style but very comfortable and spacious and - oh joy - lighting that actually gave out some light! Tarporley is an interesting town to wander around and you won't find a better pub for a great meal or stopover. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed here for the second time on 14-05-12 and enjoyed a very comfortable night in a pleasant if slightly worn bedroom with cracked windows. I enjoyed a very good evening meal with a colleague despite both our first selections of starters being un available. The food was good quality and served quite quickly.
Sadly breakfast was another experience. All I wanted from the cooked food menu was bacon and poached eggs, yet it took ages for the food to be served. The eggs were fine but the bacon was just streaky rashers so overcooked and dried out that I could not even cut it. The first waitress just ignored my complaint, a second then came over and asked if my food was Ok and offered to replace it. Second time around was the same streaky bacon but properly cooked sadly I had waited so long I had to bolt it down in order to get off to work on time.

Interestingly this was the same problem as the last time I stayed here, on that occasion I was told "that's the way the bacon comes" at least this visit they were able to do it properly on a second attempt!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2012

A very warm and welcoming pub, great breakfast and dinner.

With a beer garden to the rear and lots of nook and crannies to settle with a pint and a paper

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Really enjoyed our one night stay last weekend. The room was spacey and clean with a nice bathroom. What we really enjoyed though was the full english- expertly cooked, nice crispy bacon, warm toast for once & beans with a massive fried egg!!!! I really as fabulous and this is after the very kind manager had booked a last minute taxi whilst rushing through our order. We'll be back. Well done the team at The Swan!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George5Rosie3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarporley
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to The Swan Tarporley? Share your experiences!