Dinner was simply as amazing as the room. Queen size bed fabulously comfortable 36" TV and twin sofa. Got a bargain price of £65 B & B room normally £125. Great bathroom complete with bath salts but poor shower, that was a bit of a disappointment.
Getting back to Dinner had an amazing salad in an unusual bowl that was higher one side.
Had a great breakfast following morning. Half a grapefruit porridge verge-sausage eggs tomato and potto wedge followed by gluten free bread. But I did have a coaling was kept waiting for 15 minutes to be served but was rewarded with a £15 discount off room rate. It was not something. I asked for but it was offered by manager for keeping me waiting. It is when I am offered without asking that this is a hotel when the management want the best for their customers even though they hadn't given their best. Certainly a hotel I will go back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 16th century Swan has been welcoming guests through its doors for over 400 years, and was once a convenient resting place for those travelling the 200 miles from London to Chester. Today, our comfortable rooms and welcoming bar and dining areas mean that The Swan continues to be a haven for visitors from far and wide. A regular winner of the Best Kept Village award, Tarporley appears in the Domesday Book of 1086. Back then, Tarporley was home to just eight households, but today is one of the largest villages in the heart of the Cheshire countryside, with antique, curio, craft and fashion shops lining its streets. Some of The Swan’s most historic features are located in its Hunt Room, home to the Tarporley Hunt Club. Founded in 1762, it is the oldest in England. The club historically met twice annually at The Swan, with each meeting lasting seven days and the hunting taking place largely within the nearby Delamere Forest. In the founding set of rules, members were required to drink “three collar bumpers” after both dinner and supper, and, in the event of marriage, to present each club member with a pair of buckskin breeches. The Tarporley Hunt Club still meet once a year today, a quarter of a millennium after Obidiah Lane went hare coarsing with his chums and decided, after much merriment at the Swan, this should happen every year; “We shall meet for the purposes of general conviviality” he declared! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Swan Tarporley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan Tarporley Hotel Tarporley
- Swan Hotel Tarporley
- The Swan Tarporley Cheshire