“One complaint that was well rewarded”
Review of The Swan Tarporley

The Swan Tarporley
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tarporley
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Dinner was simply as amazing as the room. Queen size bed fabulously comfortable 36" TV and twin sofa. Got a bargain price of £65 B & B room normally £125. Great bathroom complete with bath salts but poor shower, that was a bit of a disappointment.

Getting back to Dinner had an amazing salad in an unusual bowl that was higher one side.

Had a great breakfast following morning. Half a grapefruit porridge verge-sausage eggs tomato and potto wedge followed by gluten free bread. But I did have a coaling was kept waiting for 15 minutes to be served but was rewarded with a £15 discount off room rate. It was not something. I asked for but it was offered by manager for keeping me waiting. It is when I am offered without asking that this is a hotel when the management want the best for their customers even though they hadn't given their best. Certainly a hotel I will go back to.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Laurence M
There are newer reviews for The Swan Tarporley

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here overnight on a business trip (Tuesday night). The hotel must have recently purchased new linen as my bedding and towels could not have been whiter or more clean and crisp. The bed was very comfy and my room was spotlessly clean. I asked to have dinner in my room rather than in the pub and the staff insisted on bringing it up to my room so that I could get back to work. All the staff I encountered during my stay were young but very professional and friendly. They could not have been more accommodating and welcoming. The food itself was of a really good standard. Having read the reviews on here I asked to be in the main building so that I could benefit from the Wifi. I was indeed in the main building and the Wifi was good. Breakfast was nice but I thought the buffet offered a very limited selection and the bacon was streaky so far too much fat for my taste. Really good scrambled eggs and coffee though.

On the down side I was in a room at the front of the building and the road noise was very apparent through the sash windows, indeed lorries made the windows rattle quite badly. I would say that the road was quiet between 11pm-5am. My room was also on the same floor as The Hunt Room where there appeared to be a private function on. This meant I had people walking back and forth past my door going to the loo and collecting their coats (the coat rack was right outside my door) and having a general chat. The age of the building meant that someone walking heavily made my door and floor boards rattle. This was on a Tuesday night so things calmed down just after 10pm when the group left, if you are staying here over a weekend or with children this might be more of an issue. The room was beautiful but a little tired, cracks in the wall etc. Given the age of the building this wasn’t an issue for me though. The next door Church bells stopped at 10pm so the previous comment indicating they went through the night should no longer be a concern.

All in all I had a lovely stay here and would stay again. It was excellent value for money, super staff and a clean comfy bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were greeted with a warm welcome, shown to our room, which was really nice. Had dinner served in the bar which was excellent. Good food cooked well and plenty of it! Breakfast the next morning was the star of the show, however. The best scrambled eggs and a wide choice of buffet items - we would definitely stay here again. It's really simple to get hospitality right - comfy beds, a good shower and nice food. The Swan manages to do this effortlessly. 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here the night before a friends wedding, we wished we had stayed the second night here too!

After a welcoming check in we were shown to our room. Although small it was full of character, with a huge comfy bed, wood beams, elegant dresser and beautiful bathroom. The bed was incredibly comfy and we had an amazing nights sleep. I didn't want to get out of bed! The breakfast was absolutely brilliant as well. A continental buffet and a menu with a selection of hot food to choose from. I simply asked for tomatoes, mushrooms and beans on toast and when it arrived I was shocked at how beautifully they had presented it! My boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed his breakfast too. At £65 a night this hotel is exceptional value for money! I have paid double for far inferior before!

The only two minor quibbles I had were the lighting in the room was quite poor, not too great when you are attempting to slap on your makeup for a wedding. The second was that I had put on the the booking info I was vegan however the bedding was feathers and no one had thought to change it. These were only two very minor issues though and I would highly recommend this stunning hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 22 in Courtyard - Small but full of character.. perfect!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarraRothery
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We booked into this hotel because of the rave reviews. We were given room 5 above the bar at the front of the house and suffered from noise from the bar, noise outside that goes on until the early hours and I think we have elephants above us.

The staff are lovely and the food is really nice, but this is NOT a hotel for business guests.

If I was on holiday this hotel would get 5 stars. Unfortunately I am here for work so it just gets 1.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JGDunning
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Visited a few weeks ago and had Sunday lunch which was delicious! The service was excellent. We took children with us and there are notices about children but if they are well behaved there should be no problems! The facilities are very clean and up to excellent standards.Would recommend and visit here again.
Havent stayed overnight but a family member has and couldnt fault it!
EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My wife and I recently moved house from Norfolk to Cheshire and decided to spend our 1st night at The Swan. A long and stressful day was not enhanced by a gruelling 6 hour car journey in pouring rain! We arrived at The Swan very tired and rather dishevelled. However from the minute we arrived we were welcomed and made to feel "at home".The coutyard room we had booked was excellent and after a welcome shower, the meal we enjoyed in the bar was absolutely superb.A wonderful full English breakfast followed a comfortable night's sleep and rounded off a perfect welcome back to Cheshire. The staff at this hotel certainly go out of their way to ensure their guests' stay is an enjoyable one.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarporley
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Nunsmere Hall Hotel
Nunsmere Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakmere

Been to The Swan Tarporley? Share your experiences!