I have just spent 30 mins+ on this website reading the reviews and woud just like to say there are some very picky people in this world! My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights (Room 602) 101 steps (after a breathless count) the room was a Classic bedroom and we had a lovely view of Beeston Castle from our window (we are actually from Beeston in Nottingham so it was quite novel). We couldnt fault anything, the staff, the food, the peace and quiet was everything we could have hoped for. We took a good look around (wish we had had a guided tour but managed to find our way around easily). On the day we had to checkout I had arranged a surprise Falconry experience for my husband (early Anniversary/Birthday) and must commend Mitch for his passion/experience of the birds (which I may add are on view everyday near the Castle entrance) - his face was a picture when I finally told him he would be flying these immaculate birds - yes even the big bald eagle. Mitch you are a credit to Peckforton Castle. For those of you thinking about a trip to the Castle do not be put off by the negative comments you read because if you do you will be missing out on something special. We cant wait to return for another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire