Stayed at peck fronton castle last night then went on landrover experience today. The whole stay was fabulous staff so often criticised on trip advisor were top notch, friendly, helpful and very professional and well trained and presented at all times. Bedroom ( family) was extremely good and clean,warm and comfortable massive six foot bed glorious, whole aspect of hotel bars spa events were superb but the food is too die for a real culinary gem, expensive but well worth it everyone treated the same courteous way from premier and foreign footballers to janitors staying in hotel treatment was the same high standard lots and lots to try and do lovely Spa area Landrover experience continued the excellence trend and is well worth a go for special occasion. The only thing that has spoilt our stay was the fact there was a very noisy wedding right next to our room, with guest shouting,talking and arguing right outside our window.
Not all the fault of hotel how people behave but if you wish to avoid these situations but still wish to go to peck fronton, which I would recommend highly, ask when you book if there is a function or play safe and go midweek if possible. That is the only reason I have not given five stars would have given ten on most things especially food, chef is a legend please don't be put off it's definitely worth a visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire