We have just returned from a stay at the Portal Spa in Cheshire and would like to let other trippers what a great hotel this is. We booked it through Spabreak Direct - the rooms were fab, we stayed in the upgraded Feature rooms which each had a roomy balcony and these rooms are really luxurious, lovely bathroom, lovely linen - it had everything. Very well run and staff were attentive without getting in the way. We decided to upgrade here as friends had stayed and recommended the Feature Rooms although the Classic rooms are really good. Food was superb, both the evening dinner and a fab full English in the morning - give the Stornoway black pudding a shot, it's delicious. We had relaxing treatments down in the spa in the morning which were included in the spa break and which were lovely and it is worth going to Relaxation room afterwards for a proper chillout. We would love to have stayed an extra night but had business commitments the next day. We will be returning, definitely for two nights next time and hopefully for their New Year's Eve bash!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the heart of the Cheshire Countryside yet within easy access from the main motorways and towns, The Macdonald Portal Hotel,Golf and Spa is the perfect base to explore Cheshire and its many attractions and places of interest. Whether you are visiting for a pampering experience in the luxurious Spa, a round of golf on one of the two challenging golf courses or indeed a gourmet break enjoying the finest foods in 2 AA Rosette Ranulf Restaurant, Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa has something to offer for the entire family. Portal is also the home of the first Lee Westwood Golf School in the UK and offers a combination of three golf courses and an onsite golf academy. The conference and banqueting facilities have hosted many a prestigious event and both the Castle and Waterstone Suites offer the most wonderful venue for the perfect wedding celebration. A venue for all occasions, the hotel offers 85 sumptuous bedrooms, a state of the art Health, Fitness and Beauty Spa which includes an 18 meter swimming pool, advanced Technogym equipment and a thermal suite with rock sauna, aroma steam bath, ice room and salt infusion sauna. Why not dine in our fine restaurant with its 2 AA rosettes and views across the Cheshire plains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf Hotel Tarporley
- Macdonald Portal Tarporley
- Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf And Spa Tarporley, Cheshire