Dont usually leave comments on here, but thought I'd share my experience of the Portal with you.
I took my other half for a night away for Valentines, from start to finish our whole experience was excellent. Arrived to a freindly smile, and once I had given my surname, i didnt have to say another thing, she knew everything about the stay, the timing of dinner etc. We opened the door to the room and it was like... WOW, they must have upgraded us to a suite or something, but no, these are standard rooms, they are large! with fantastic views of the golf and surrounding landscape. The bathroom was spotless, with a seperate shower cubicle! My partner, then went to the Spa for a few hours, whilst I had a quick 9 holes on the course, loved it! The course was in excellent condition for the time of year. On returning to the room, my partner was there chilled out to the max after being treated like the queen in the spa! She said it was an experience she will never forget.!
Then it was time for the evening meal, i opted for the Sirloin Steak, and it was one of the best pieces of steak ive ever had! Just melted in your mouth! The staff couldnt do enough for us, nothing was too much hassle or bother!
Overall the whole stay from start to driving out of the car park was the best experience of a hotel break I've ever had (and I work in the hospitality industry!!)
Thankyou all for making the stay fantastic! Hoping to return very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within the heart of the Cheshire Countryside yet within easy access from the main motorways and towns, The Macdonald Portal Hotel,Golf and Spa is the perfect base to explore Cheshire and its many attractions and places of interest. Whether you are visiting for a pampering experience in the luxurious Spa, a round of golf on one of the two challenging golf courses or indeed a gourmet break enjoying the finest foods in 2 AA Rosette Ranulf Restaurant, Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa has something to offer for the entire family. Portal is also the home of the first Lee Westwood Golf School in the UK and offers a combination of three golf courses and an onsite golf academy. The conference and banqueting facilities have hosted many a prestigious event and both the Castle and Waterstone Suites offer the most wonderful venue for the perfect wedding celebration. A venue for all occasions, the hotel offers 85 sumptuous bedrooms, a state of the art Health, Fitness and Beauty Spa which includes an 18 meter swimming pool, advanced Technogym equipment and a thermal suite with rock sauna, aroma steam bath, ice room and salt infusion sauna. Why not dine in our fine restaurant with its 2 AA rosettes and views across the Cheshire plains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf Hotel Tarporley
- Macdonald Portal Tarporley
- Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf And Spa Tarporley, Cheshire