“Great pub food - really good service - nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Four Topped Oak

Four Topped Oak
Ranked #30 of 104 Restaurants in Widnes
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Rainhill Merseyside
“Great pub food - really good service - nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Visited recently for a friends reunion . Six couples arrived together , seated brilliantly in comfortable seats and the food order was organised really quickly. Food was really tasty , upmarket pub grub and presented well. A fabulous evening and everyone was more than complimentary about the food . Will visit again and again - so nice.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank ChiantiSister

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Failing Management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went at four o'clock in the afternoon. Ordered off the fixed menu. Main meal order came very quickly i.e already cooked and just heated up , consequently not up to much. Then we waited and waited for desserts to arrive. No one came near us. No one asked if the meal had been OK or anything about it. Half an hour after we had finished the main meal I ended up taking the plates back to the bar. ( I thought I was paying you to look after me.) I asked for our desserts and after another ten minutes they arrived. Totally inadequate service. The management needs to get its finger out. It's all very well advertising you are a family friendly pub and making all kind of inflated claims about your customer service but basically it is poorly run with lots of dissatisfied customers. While I was there the couple at the next table sent their meal back because it wasn't cooked properly and ended up getting a full refund. My advice if you are thinking of visiting is don't bother. Stay at home; you will save money,enjoy yourself more and eat better.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank FIVEways99
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Got to be the worse pub food ever !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Crap food ! Crap service waited 40 minutes for a starter that came out as tinned soup then waited another 40 minutes for mains which were just awfull when asked why we had to wait so long when the place was in fact empty the rude woman behind the bar said it was our fault we should of come over to tell her we had finished our starters ... Never in any eating place have I had to do that ! Would not eat here again and would never recommend any one to go there either .

5 Thank Blue6767
“Friendly and relaxing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice local pub with relaxing atmosphere, nice meals & friendly staff.... Only problem is that it is usually under-staffed and the staff that are on duty are under great pressure... Management need to sort this out as it is putting people off going there and spoiling what would otherwise be a great place to eat & drink.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank John S
Whiston, United Kingdom
“This time "AWFUL" !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

went for my birthday with the family.Told there was an hour wait on food.Orderd food at 8.oo ish didn't come till 9.20 after asking member of staff,he did applogise and offerd us a free drink each.Food came steaks ok but could've been warmer,my chicken was quite inedible and mine and my daughters jug of gravy was thick and lumpy.No surprise then when I woke up early hrs with bad stomache ache,you can guess the rest....Such a lovely pub and local to us and have had some lovely meals in the past.Just so disappointed.Something needs to be done asap!!

• Visited May 2014