“Home from home”

Best Western Everglades Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Widnes
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I spent 5 months at this hotel recently and can honestly say that it was an enjoyable stay. The hotel reception staff are very polite and courteous, and will always try and accommodate you wherever you prefer to be in the hotel (some rooms face the car park, others face the residential area which I found quieter). The reception area is well appointed as is all the public areas including lounge and restaurant.
The rooms are big, the beds are comfy and all have free wifi. I have eaten at the restaurant many times and the food is good (although I had been through the menu a few times). The restaurant staff are very attentive and I found them to be pleasant and friendly). I have stayed away for long periods before and people tend to be a bit 'over-friendly' when they think they are getting to know you, but I must stress that there was certainly none of that here - a professional relationship between guest and hotel was always maintained.
Not sure when I'll be back?...but I will definitely be checking into another 'home from home' if I return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad that we made your stay enjoyable, we appreciate that staying away for long periods of time isn't always pleasurable and so we aim to make it as you said a 'home from home' here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Last week, on an epic bike ride coast to coast in aid of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, I found myself late at night at this hotel. I was tired, scruffy and at the wrong place (having mistaken the address for the hotel where I was booked for the night). The Reception staff at Everglades Park were wonderfully kind, found the correct hotel for me, rang a taxi for me and allowed me to sit in Reception till it came. This was exceptional service and I would return to this place without hesitation and recommend it wholeheartedly. The staff are lovely people who clearly understand the meaning of "customer service" in its best sense.
I did finish the bike ride! and the kindness of the staff here will stay in my memory for a long time. Thank you all of you who helped me that evening.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad that we made you feel welcome as customer service is something we do pride ourselves on. I am pleased that you completed your bike ride and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Another night on business and another Best Western hotel. Check in was effiecient and friendly and I went up to find a good sized room (and importantly to me) a good wifi signal.

I didn't dine at the hotel so can't comment on the food and bar service although the night porter who got me my room key at around 23:30 was a lovely chap. I enjoyed a good nights sleep and ate a hearty cooked breakfast although I had to wait a while for the bacon etc to be topped up.

Overall I've nothing bad to say although had to mark cleanliness down having found a stale cupcake tucked away behind the iron in my room!!

I'd return and if you're in the area why not stay (just keep a lookout for rogue buns...)

• Stayed: August 2013
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This was a mid week business stay and there were no parties going on -

The reception and Customer Service at the desk was very good, much improved. The room was very clean well stocked and presented. The linen was excellent as was the free WiFi link. Overall all the public areas are much improved, look clean, tidy and well maintained.

The biggest improvements are amply demonstrated by the staff in the restaurant and bar, the menu, the food and a well kept beer. All staff including housekeeping looked smart, alert and had a smile on their faces.

This hotel has a sufficient spread of rooms so that noise should not be a problem - just speak up if it has not been thought about.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review on how much the hotel has improved. It is always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight to attend a party in Rainhill.We had been given room 103 which is next to the reception.On seeing the wedding celebrations in full flow we asked to relocate and were given a room well away from the noise.The room was clean and compact although the shower wasn't brilliant.The young lady on reception kindly booked us a taxi for the party.
Breakfast next morning was excellent and pretty quiet considering the hotel was full.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would certainly go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Arrived to the Hotel around 8pm on Friday evening, checked in fine. On arrival to our room is looked clean and tidy, the bed was very comfy! The first night we got a good nights sleep, shame the same couldn't be said for the second night! There was a Wedding on downstairs, we could hear the music in our room & Children were running up and down the corridor screaming and shouting till gone 10pm! Later on all the Guests were stood in the main entrance outside, which our room was above and all we could hear was noise and shouting from them! Contacted the Hotel about this all they could say was " sorry and we was given a room at the other side of the hotel ".
The girl on check out was so rude and had no customer service skills. Again the Hotel could only say sorry and the general manager had been informed.
Disappointed about our stay after reading good reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that we always try to keep noise to a minimum when there are functions on and allocate rooms accordingly. With regards to the staff, customer service is something we pride ourselves on throughout the hotel, all our staff are always more than happy to help. I hope that you will consider staying with us again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Booked here for one night on a last minute booking as Mum unexpectedly had been admitted to Chester hospital day before. Arrived around 7.30p.m , tired after long journey and hospital visit. Reception was friendly and made us feel welcome. Didn't manage to get upgrade as there was a wedding reception but room was good and had a king size bed. Didn't have dinner here so can't comment. But sat opposite reception and unwound with a few G&Ts ( me!)hubby had a few beers. - well it was hottest day and there was a bit of a breeze sat there!.Wedding guests were friendly and we didn't feel uncomfortable at all. ( looked like a good do!) . Slept reasonably well considering the heat,and were ready for a good brekkie in the morning.
Brekkie didn't disappoint .thick bacon, nice sausages etc, usual juice, cereal, croissants etc. Overall a good stay considering the family circumstances.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for your review and all your positive comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Widnes
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
The Gullivers Hotel
The Gullivers Hotel
#11 of 22 in Warrington

Been to Best Western Everglades Park Hotel? Share your experiences!