“Excellent”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Widnes
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Had my works Christmas party at the hillcrest, I also booked a room for the one night, the room was clean & cosy the staff were friendly & helpful & the Christmas party was great I also had breakfast to heal my hang over which went down a treat lovely breakfast. Would stay again

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Nooney1984
TheHillcrestHotel, General Manager at The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments. I was pleased to see you enjoyed yourself at the party night
and your overnight stay met your expectations.
Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Duncan Reich A.I.H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Took friends to show them the hillcrest after our last stay. Joined in the fun at the xmas party night. Carvery excellent. DJ fabulous. Atmosphere brilliant. fantastic night had by all. Thankyou Hillcrest

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ray and Jan H
TheHillcrestHotel, General Manager at The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Guest
I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed the party night and the atmosphere of the occasion.
I hope we have the pleasure of a future visit from you. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write with your comments .the team will appreciate it.
Our best wishes to you for Christmas and the New Year.

Merseyside uk
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We had our works do at the hill crest last night, as the party was only £15 I was a little concerned as to what it would be like. The food was great the quality of the meat was good and the staff were friendly. As it was so reasonably priced to stay over we made a night of it and booked a room which again was really nice.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a function friendly staff, good food and a nice room. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mrs B
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments. We believe that this Christmas we have offered the best value for money in the area and the general feedback has been positive.
I was pleased you enjoyed both the party night and the overnight stay. Look forward to seeing you at our Comedy Night in March.
We wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Duncan Reich
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My self and me partner came down to the party night on Saturday and loved it. Not only was the food and party great but the bed was so comfortable. Thanks to the staff and everyone who made it a night to remember.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon H
TheHillcrestHotel, General Manager at The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest
I was pleased to read how much you enyoyed the party night and your overnight stay with us.
We were full on the night on both accommodation and both function rooms for the party night dinner. Which all helped for the atmosphere on the night hope to see you return for our comedy night dinner in March.
Thanks for your comments.
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I can honestly say that from start to finish the staff at the Hillcrest Hotel were fantastic when we was planning our wedding. Nothing was to much trouble for them. I have had so many fantastic comments from my relatives and friends saying how beautiful the food was and also the hotel in general. The whole day ran according to plan and I felt I could put my complete trust in John (Hotel Manager). Once again I want to thank everyone who made our day so special, and I would not hesitate in recommending the Hillcrest as a brilliant wedding venue. Thanks Sue & Neil xx

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue8931
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments it was a pleasure to read them, and thank you for leaving
gifts for the staff on duty on your wedding day.
It was a very busy time with two weddings on the same day and I was so pleased to read your comments regarding John who pays great attention to detail on such occasions.
All the team were pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the day.
I hope we have the pleasure of your company in the future.
Once again thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave your views ,myself and the team wish you all the best for the future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked for one night during buisness trip. Check in quick and efficient . Hotel very clean and tidy . Staff nice and friendly. Stayed in room 24 which was a reasonable size . Bed really comfortable and very quite at night. Decor is plain but tidy . Bathroom to a very good standard . Tea and coffee facility's . Nice informal bar area made for a relaxing evening . Breakfast excellent good choice and again service with a smile . Check out quick . I would defiantly recommend this hotel for business trip or short visits . All the staff will make you feel very welcombe .

Room Tip: Room 24 is a reasonable size and good location at rear of hotel nice and quiet .
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Neil G
TheHillcrestHotel, General Manager at The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your overall positive views and comments. I hope we have the pleasure of a future visit from you.
It is motivational for the team when guests take the time to leave such good feedback.
Thank you.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

we had 3 rooms booked for saturday night and we arrived around 12.45pm not expecting any of the rooms to be available until after the 2pm advised check in time but two out of the 3 rooms were ready with the third room ready about 20minutes later.check in was easy and simple and the girl on the desk was more than helpful and friendly.one of the 3 rooms was very small and had no headboards so we asked to be moved again this wasnt a problem and was delt with in a professional manner and quickly.we ate in the cu restaurant on the saturday night and the meal and service was excellent no problems at all and not too expensive breakfast the following morning was of good standard with all the usualls.
the staff at this hotel from top to bottom were excellent couldnt fault there service and i work in the travel industry so stay in many hotels both in the uk and abroad this was up there in terms of service from the staff.however dont expect a top luxury hotel its a comfortable hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank luke b
Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive comments it was a pleasure to read them and i was equally pleased that we managed to facilitate an early check in for you.
We like to think that we are a value for money Hotel. I think you stayed in standard bedrooms. If we have the pleasure of your business again in the future and you require extra comfort i would like to suggest one of our executive bedrooms or one of our Four poster bedrooms.
Thank you for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Widnes
Best Western Everglades Park Hotel
Campanile Runcorn
Campanile Runcorn
#3 of 3 in Runcorn
Suites Hotel & Spa -  Knowsley

Been to The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes? Share your experiences!