“Go elsewhere!”
Review of KFC Widnes

KFC Widnes
Ranked #92 of 132 Restaurants in Widnes
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When you mention Widnes KFC to anyone who's already been there, you get kind of a knowing look, even before you mention what happened. It's almost like there's a hidden clique of people who just know how bad it is, way before you even attempt to explain why your experience there was so awful.

I've been to many a KFC for lunch etc., all over the world (with Paphos, Cyprus being the cleanest and best), and as a franchise you would expect certain levels of expectation. But it seems no-one up on high let KFC Widnes in on the deal.

When you walk in, the first thing that hits you is just how dirty the place is; and if they can't even clean where families are meant to sit and eat, what must the rest of the place be like?

As well as the filth, there's also food on the floor, rotting away in silence. Drips of gravy and beans on seats...which seems to have been there long enough not just to de-compose, but to have gained some form of intelligence. The staff clearly know how dirty the place is, but are probably of the mindset that they believe (with it being a large franchised chain) it will never have to close it's doors due to the problems. It doesn't really matter what job in life you do, just do it with pride. And sadly, the staff at this particular KFC seem to have none.

When serving fast food, there are certain major rules to follow, such as: Keep things clean, Be polite to customers and throw away any food which has been cooked but not served after a certain period of time, to reduce risk of food poisoning.

But in this particular KFC, you may just be served with food which has past its salable time limit. Or even worse: Food which hasn't been cooked properly.

At the counter, you may just find yourself listening to the idle gossip of staff while you wait to be served... or should I say, noticed. Then, if they get your order right,... poor food and stale chips. One thing which stood out to me was the fact that whilst taking your order, they weren't really listening to you...Which may explain why they got such a simple order wrong, after they asked me to repeat it.

Shame really, KFC food can be nice... But just not at Widnes KFC.

Try elsewhere.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Everytime I have eaten here, I have had a bad stomach for a couple of days afterwards. I love southern fried chicken and I have never had a problem at any other KFC, but this place just doesn't do anything (positive) for me.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

numerous complaints to make, first the restaurant was dirty with many tables not cleared or wiped down despite it not being busy and three members of staff standing behind the tills chatting. When I went to the till they waited a couple of minutes finishing their conversation before one of them acknowledged I was their. I ordered a kids meal with the burger option. We got our food (missing the yogurt at first) and my 4 year old son opened his burger to find it was not a kids burger with tomato sauce on, instead it had mayo on, not too bad you might think but my son is allergic to eggs. I went to the desk and told the staff, a guy apologised to me but then went behind the grill to tell some one who just laughed that they had given mayo by mistake to someone who was allergic to it. Not impressed at.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

KFC Widnes has never been very good, but for some reason its been turned around and the quality has improved a lot, you can tell its now busy where before it was empty most of the time.