“Wish I had more time to enjoy the place”

Tomaria Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Widnes B&B and Inns
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Wish I had more time to enjoy the place”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I arrived very very late only to be greeted with a smile and a cold cider! It was a working trip so I didn't get to enjoy the sauna & rumpus room as by the time I got back from the office it was straight to bed with another cold beer! And in the morning I had to rush off again nearly taking the gate key with me! Fortunately Dave was there to remember for me. I was very well looked after and would definitely recommend Tomaria to friends and family. It was like being looked after by a family member. They were so easy going and supportive to this weary traveller. Thank you

Room Tip: I had room 5 it was immaculate
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
ludlow
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I would like to thank owners of TOMARIa for everything,stayed there a night after coming back from abroad and didnt feel well,they looked after me and made sure i got everything i need.Lovely people and fantastic b&b.PLANNING TO BOOK A ROOM IN THE NEAREST FUTURE.I CAN RECOMMEND TOMARIA TO EVERYONE WHO LIKES PEACE,CLEAN ROOM AND LOVELY HOSTS.THANK You.GOD BLESS

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We are fans of LFC and were in Liverpool to catch the last match of the EPL season.Hosts Dave and Vicki were extremely welcoming. They were always ready to chat and offer recommendations. In fact, Dave even accompanied us for dinner at a nearby restaurant. Rooms were extremely clean and new. Private secured parking available. There was an amazing lounge to pass teh time playig pool. Breakfast prepared by Viki was brilliant. The hospitality shown was out of this world. Our stay in Tomaria was unlike any other and was an extremely delightful experience because of our impeccable hosts. We would surely be back in Tomaria if we do stop by Liverpool again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Like a Thomas Hardy novel, this cottage simply brings out the best in the English countryside, especially for someone like me who come from the Far East and the nearest experience I've ever came across is through reading Hardy's novel in literature class.

Although we are there for a night to catch the Liverpool match the next day, we couldn't have been happier with our decision. Everything was so new, clean and fresh!

Dave and Vicky are an awesome host, welcoming us to make ourselves at home.He even took us to the nearest Indian (Halal) restaurant when we enjoyed our dinner in his company. She cooked an English breakfast the next morning with fruits, breads, juices, tomatoes, beans, and eggs made to order. Coffee and tea were available at any time.

We would highly recommend this B&B for anyone making a trip to Liverpool who is looking for the "homeliness" of accommodations without the coldness and expense of a Liverpool hotel. Dave even send/fetch one of our mates from the nearest train station.For someone without the experience of Liverpool, we found this very helpful and fast way to get around.

To Dave and Vicky, all the best !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hornsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Never in a million hotel stays could I be happier than with Tomaria.
When your staying away from home for long periods of time it is important that your comfortable with your lodgings...
Dave and Vicky go to far out of their way to make you happy and comfortable.
The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable, very well appointed and every need catered for.
It is not often in this day and age that you find a place with everything you want and need in one place.
To cut this short, we are still staying here and will be for a while yet...
If only there was a B&B like this on every job we did.
100% perfect

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Banchory, Scotland
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night after flying back to Liverpool. Very close to airport, warm welcome, very clean and comfortable rooms with tv/ tea and coffee. Also use of room with pool table and large tv. Fabulous breakfast too. Very friendly hosts with lots of helpful information.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Over the last 15 years through business or leisure I've stayed in around 200 various types of accomodation...from low priced B&B's in Blackpool to top 5* star Hotels. I rarely leave reviews, but my stay in the Tomaria has prompted me to spend a few minutes to share my thoughts on my time here.

First impressions on arrival is that it looked a very nice place & is very secure for vehicles etc.

The couple running this new establishment had pulled out the stops to ensure my new ensuite room was ready for my 2 night stay, which was appreciated. They were also excellent with regards to local knowledge, recommending the local chip shop etc & giving tips on taxis & trains etc. In fact this couple throughout my stay really went the extra mile & gave excellent customer service that I've never encountered on my stays anywhere else over the years.

The room itself was clean, tidy & a decent size. Free wifi was also provided which was good. The dining / breakfast area and the living area are very spacious & modern & tastefully furnished.

A lovely cooked breakfast was served up during my stay also.

There is also an American themed Games/Bar area with a pool table and pinball machine etc. A fantastic place to relax after a hard day.

I had a health problem on my last day & Dave at the Tomaria could not have been more helpful with assistance with my vehicle etc.

In summary, if your looking for somewhere very nice to stay in this area, that is quality, very reasonably priced & where the people who run it are very kind, genuine & helpful & really look after you..I'd highly recommend you give it a try.

Although it is new, i'd rate it one of the best I've stayed in!

Gerry Taylor, Ayrshire

• Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Widnes
Best Western Everglades Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,417 reviews
Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport

Been to Tomaria Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!