“Heaven on Earth.”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Borrowdale
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Presently staying at Lodore Falls Hotel - The best hotel ever. I cannot think of anywhere i would rather be. I am seriously considering barracading myself in my room when the time comes to leave. Leaving here gets harder to do with every visit.
I stay at Lodore Falls Hotel as often as I can, usually four to five times a year and more if finances/time permits.
From the moment you walk in the front door there is a warmth and friendliness you can only dream of. The staff are so attentive, genuinely caring for your every need - nothing is too much bother. The staff make you feel so special; you are their number one priority and they simply want you to relax and do everything possible to make your stay magical.
Food and service is simply fantastic - the best ever. I have never had either as good anywhwere else and don't think anywhere else could ever compare consistantly on such a high level..
Although I live over five hours away I could not think of anywhere else i would rather get married than Lodore Falls (after observing many weddings whilst staying there over the years) and i did just that last November. The staff made sure it was the most magical and most special day of my life, and for that, i will always thank them from the bottom of my heart.
Don't take my word for it, go find out for yourself, i can guarantee you will not be dissapointed, although really, i should keep it my little secret!!!!!
Special heartfelt thanks to Stephen, Hans, Mike (top chef ) Alex, Jake, Felix, Jeanette,Orsi, Donna & Steph.
P.S. If i dont come down to check out on Monday you know where I will be.

Room Tip: Lake View Room. Although all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
LodoreGM, General Manager at Lodore Falls Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Teresa P

Thank so much for your wonderful review.

We love having you come to stay with us as well and I've just ordered an extra strong barricade to make sure that you stay with us a little longer!!

The whole team will be sad to see you check out but will eagerly look forward to your next stay.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had our full wedding at the Lodore Falls and it couldn't have gone any better!

We stayed the night before the wedding with a few members of our family and we had an delicious 3 course meal in a quiet area of the restaurant where there was a table just for us so it felt very private and special.

The best man and his wife were only meant to stay one night at the Lodore and had that much of a good time they booked a room that night for the wedding.

Me and my mother shared a room the night before the wedding in the Lakeside View room and the view was stunning! We got upgrade to this room as it was a better size for hair, makeup etc.

On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly and the staff were very helpful and made sure that everything went perfect for us!

We had the ceremony outside and the drinks reception on the lawn which was exclusive to us. The only downside to this I would say is if your wearing heels get yourself some protectors to prevent sinking in the grass! But that was no big issue and no fault of Lodore :)

Our wedding breakfast meal was absolutely gorgeous! It was to everybody's liking and the sticky toffee pudding was to die for!

The buffy at the night do was also perfect, we had it in a separate room and it was layed out beautifully. Me and my husband got first class treatment from Jeanette!

All of our guests had a fantastic time! I would like to thank all of the staff especially Jeanette and Donna for making our day more special than we imagined it to be!

Rachel & Gary

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Rachel & Gary

Many thanks for your wonderful review.

Lodore really is a truly wonderful place to get married and I delighted to read that you had such a great time with us, I have passed on your kind words to all concerned with making your special day such a success.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Lake District, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The trip was a birthday surprise from my husband and we had an excellent time. At the point of booking my husband told them it was my birthday and there was a lovely card and chocolates in the room from the hotel management and staff which was a lovely surprise. All of the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were having a nice time. We had dinner in the restaurant and because our table was at the back of the dining room they insisted that we had a lake view table for breakfast without us even asking. If you go to this hotel I would recommend booking a slot in the hot tub with prosecco!

Room Tip: We had a fell side room which was lovely.
1 Thank Rach_Ulv1984
LodoreGM, General Manager at Lodore Falls Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Rach_Lanc1984

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

It is always a pleasure to see people celebrating special events with us and I'm delighted that your visit was so memorable.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a beautiful period building, cosy and elegant at the same time. Wonderful attentive but unobtrusive service. I have been here 3 times now and its my favorite place to relax and rejuvenate from a hectic life. The attention to detail is spot on, service, rooms, food are all excellent.I like to sit on one of the comfy sofas next to an open fire and while away the hours reading. I have also enjoyed the Spa and beauty treatments, so relaxing!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mortjan67
LodoreGM, General Manager at Lodore Falls Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear mortjan67

Many thanks for your wonderful review.

It is so good to read that we are now your favourite place for a relaxing break and we look forward to welcoming you back for more of the same soon.

Leyburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Visited for the first time. The situation of the hotel on the south east tip of Derwentwater, is stunning. The room was small but very well appointed. The staff were very attentive and the food, dinner and breakfast was very good. Would visit again.

Room Tip: A lakeside view is essential so check before booking.
2 Thank itguitar
LodoreGM, General Manager at Lodore Falls Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear itguitar

Many thanks for your kind words about us on here.

I note that this was your first visit to Lodore, hopefully this will be the first of many.

Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for nearly a week and were charmed by the place. Its location is spectacular and it would be hard to fault it in the slightest. food excellent, rooms excellent, but the lift was definitely 1920;s!

Dear fangman

Thank you for your very kind comments following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that all went well and look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

REDDITCH
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My Husband and I recently enjoyed a relaxing minimoon at the Lodore Falls Hotel. The hotel is literally situated on the Lake...beautiful view! The hotel itself is very lovely, we booked a 'secret escape' deal yet didn't get treated any differently. The food was excellent, lots of choice. We opted to take our own wine which they are happy for you to do, you just pay the corkage at £12.50 a bottle. (Their wines are about £25 plus) We took advantage of booking slots in the outside Jacuzzi with a glass of prosecco and had a swim in the outdoor pool. We also booked a massage - considering we went mid week they were pretty booked up, so I would suggest if you wanted any treatments in the Spa, to book in advance. The staff were so friendly, that nothing was too much trouble! We would really recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax, eat great food, go for lovely walks or chill in the pool. Fabulous time, thankyou!

Room Tip: ask for lake view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley P
Dear Hayley P

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our beautiful Lodore on this site.

We are delighted that you choose to stay with us for your mini-moon and thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Stephen Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Borrowdale
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Langdale Hotel
Langdale Hotel
#6 of 12 in Ambleside
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa

Been to Lodore Falls Hotel? Share your experiences!