“touring”
Review of Lodore Falls Beauty Salon - CLOSED

Lodore Falls Beauty Salon
Reviewed 1 August 2014

lake side setting.service and food excellent.out door and in doors swimming pools no charge for parking

2  Thank John S

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited the falls whilst walking Borrowdale Valley .
Just make sure that you visit after some rainfall or you might be a little dissapointed with the waterfall.
The entrance to the falls is by way of an honesty box which we almost missed because of its location in the hotel wall.

1  Thank Les W
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were greeted by smiling receptionist and were given clear guidance on how the time would be spent. Changing rooms were a little small but were clean. Hot tub was excellent although you have an allotted time for this. I suppose that is good as you know what time you have and it was not being hogged by others. I had a massage and girl friend had facial, we were both happy with them. I was asked what I wanted and the masseur was very friendly. The only thing I would change is to have another 15 mins. We had afternoon tea and this was excellent. The carrot cake was particularly good. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

When we went into the spa, we had to wait a while until we were acknowledged by the receptionist. 3 of us had booked for a spa package to be enjoyed from 10 am to 6pm.

We had to fill out the paper work and were given a brief overview by a staff member, who was pleasant and helpful. We had an itinerary of what to expect, i.e. massage, teas, cakes and sandwiches, hot tub.

We all agreed that the masseur was miserable and she gave no introduction, a smile and a how are you? and are you enjoying the Lake district question, would have helped to enhance the experience. The massage was done reluctantly and was average.

No one offered robes or slippers or towels until I asked myself.

The hot tub was really relaxing , however, we were forced out after about 30 minutes, feeling rushed.

The changing rooms were tiny and changing in a place that you couldn't swing a cat in was a challenge. So changing in the toilets was the only option.

The tea and cakes were excellent , so here i'll give credit where credit is due.

Overall, I don't think the whole experience was worth £50, more like £25-30.

3  Thank hayoliver
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I recently visited Lodore Falls salon/spa as part of a friends birthday. We were a group of 4. I cannot comment on the hotel itself or the service or food there as we only used the spa area. Like its sister hotel the Borrowdale however decor seemed very dated. More to follow in a separate review.
The booking process was easy and text sent to remind us of appointments, along with what appear to be a good brochure sent to us and good pictures on the website I was very optimistic. Unfortunately this vision melts into an illusion when entering the facility. We were greeted in a pleasant manner at the reception, however when my friend changed her treatment from body to facial a comment of "the girls will be relieved" was made. A little unprofessional in front of a customer to hint the therapists do not enjoy body treatments. The real shame was the basic facilities. Small pool, cramped area with only 4/5 loungers.
Quite how they accommodate more people I don't know, changing rooms were tiny with no privacy. We were told we could not use the hot tub as it needed to be booked in 20 minute intervals. Working in the spa industry for a major brand I have never come across a spa facility where you need to book the hot tub. But then it is simply not set up to cater for many people. We were not given any robes and when we asked for them the attendant in the leisure club was very reluctant as if we had put him out. The area is just not conducive to relaxation or an area that is luxurious enough to want to spend any length of time. Treatments were ok, decent hands on but no connection whatsoever between any of the therapists and ourselves. Not asked for our names, no introductions, noisy movements in treatments, one therapist was chewing. Not one of us received a consultation so facials and body treatments were done blind with no tailoring or personalizing to the client. We were 5 minutes late into the treatment and mine ended 15 minutes too soon. There were also no recommendations or advice regarding products but then as nobody had inquired about our concerns that is no surprise. When you pay a combined total of £200 for 3 treatments I expect much better. As I said I work at a high level in this industry and I will pay for quality. What is very frustrating is when you do not get value for money or a good customer experience. Lodore Falls should not be postulating as a luxury spa environment because simply put it is a long way off.

4  Thank tomlm