OMG after a horrendous journey through the worst rain and storms we arrived at the hotel. We were given a ground floor disabled person's room that had opaque, frosted glass that admitted very little light. No natural ventilation that we could see. It was dark, cold and miserable. The double wardrobe was in the bathroom with the only chair. The room had a horrible smell and was the most uncomfortable room we have ever pre-paid. When the organisation we had booked with asked for an alternative room we were offered a room without windows. Who goes to the Lake District to a) have opaque windows and b) a room without windows!! You couldn't make it up!!! We asked for a refund so we could try somewhere else and was refused. We then had a three hour return journey through the continuing rain and storms home. We travelled nearly 300 miles for nothing in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ennerdale Country House Hotel is a Grade 2 listed building nestled within 5 acres of tranquil landscaped gardens and Italian fountains and figurines. As you walk through our large beautifully refurbished hallways you will pass by painstakingly restored original fireplaces and ceilings and you will start to realise that this is only the beginning of an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ennerdale Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ennerdale Country Hotel
- Ennerdale Country Cleator
- Ennerdale Country House Hotel Cleator, Cumbria