having read some of the reviews on here I must admit I was a little apprehensive. But on arrival we were very pleasantly surprised.
Yes the outside could do with a lick of paint but inside the hotel it was very clean and a very welcoming feeling prevailed.
The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough to help.
Our garden facing room was very impressive
Food in the restaurant was very good as was the service.
Great base for exploring the Lakes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ennerdale Country House Hotel is a Grade 2 listed building nestled within 5 acres of tranquil landscaped gardens and Italian fountains and figurines. As you walk through our large beautifully refurbished hallways you will pass by painstakingly restored original fireplaces and ceilings and you will start to realise that this is only the beginning of an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ennerdale Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ennerdale Country Hotel
- Ennerdale Country Cleator
- Ennerdale Country House Hotel Cleator, Cumbria