“Extremely good value for money”
Review of Parkside Hotel

Parkside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Cleator B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed one night at the hotel and would recommend it to anyone! The hotel manager John, and other staff, are all very accommodating and well-mannered. If there's some advice you need, or any specific business or other plans which would interfere with meal times, John and staff are more than happy to be flexible!

The views from the window are of the beautiful lake district mountains, and the closest town is Cleator moor, a 10 minute taxi/bus ride away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Made a last minute booking here recently, very friendly welcome by the owner and his beautiful pet dog.

Very disappointed with the spacious room. Wallpaper peeling off in several places, electric socket looking far from safe, bed very low to the floor with a poor quality mattress on it that creaked and I feel I know every spring in it exceedingly well now, Old window frames which could not keep out the noise of the traffic (amazing how busy this road is in the dead of night) .Bedspread had a large tear in it. Toilet & Shower room was also spacious, the loo was problematical flushing the shower was 'adequate' at best.

Breakfast the next morning was an all together different experience. The bar/restaurant is spacious, light, bright, cosy. The selection and quality of the breakfasts were out of this world. All served beautifully presented, quickly, freshly cooked and hot or cold you will not leave here hungry!!

At £60 for the night for a double room, I've stayed in far superior quality hotels, not many more friendlier though and breakfast was top notch.

Will I go back? given there are an abundance of hotels in the area whilst I wish the owner well I won't be rushing back. .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Great Rooms, Great Service, Great Food, Great Host ....What Can I say GREAT HOTEL
Cosy Quiet En-Suite Rooms. Flexible Breakfast Times - I personally hate having to have breakfast at a Fixed Time. Friendly Staff and a Great Host - John who could not be more helpful if he was related to you or knew that you were the Hotel Inspector.
We have also had several Evening Meals in the Bar and were not disappointed. I'm personally very tolerant of Bar / Restaurant food but the Food Offered to me far Exceeded Expectations, my wife is very Funny with food and again was VERY HAPPY. Our visit coincided with my Wife's Birthday and John Surprising PERSONALISED the Whole Evening for us, - Special Table, Free Drinks, Little Gifts etc Much Enjoyed and Much Appreciated.
I would Reccomment PARKSIDE HOTEL to Anyone..........GREAT HOTEL

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkillBill1
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed here at spring bank holiday. We were visiting our son who lives in Frizington just down the road.
There was a festival at Whitehaven all the hotels in that area was booked up we were lucky finding this hotel.
The owner is very friendly and our room had all the usual TV en suit bathroom and tea and coffee also provided. We had a good nights sleep as well The bathroom could do to be updated but did not spoil our stay.

The breakfast and service was very good and the hotel is lovely position.

Room Tip: This Hotel I think is listed for the Coast to Coast walk. It is also handy for Whitehaven Ennerdale...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mickracer077
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Parkside Hotel was our first night on the C2C and was a lovely start to the walk. We walked into Ennerdale Bridge and phoned from the local pub to Parkside for a pick up. We were promptly picked up by John and taken to the hotel. Our twin en-suite room was very comfortable, we had good night's sleep and did not hear any noise at all, just what we needed after the climb up and down Dent Hill. The beds were cosy and we could not have asked for anything more in the room. We were asked what time we required breakfast and a lovely hearty one was provided right on time. John drove us back to Ennerdale Bridge as soon as we were ready after breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble and I would really recommend Parkside Hotel. John was a great host. I would return there without any hesitation. Janet (Queensland, Australia)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet W

Been to Parkside Hotel? Share your experiences!