“Wonderful food!”
Review of The Crown Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eamont Bridge
The Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eamont Bridge
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The Thai food just gets better here, awesome take aways too, have a beer and a banter whilst you wait, log fire keeping you warm as toast with a warm welcome! This place is improving all the time all you need to do is try it once and you'll be back!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank spiceman543

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Knaresborough
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Amazing welcome from Mike and Anna on 1st November 2013 - they couldn't do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. Food was second to none - a Thai banquet! Hearty breakfast with an open to set us up for day two of our C2C ride. Don't overlook this place - it's a gem. Family friendly and down to earth. Thanks a million - Hope to be back again some time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jan H
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We decided to make the Crown our venue for the Inuagral Lakes Chilli Club meeting, and would like to thank the Landlord and Thai Chef for making us most welcome. We asked ofr a special Super Hot Thai Supper and thats what we got, a lovely Suprise see photo.
We think the Thai food is fab here, the best we have had anywhere inc Thailand, We wish they did it 7 days a week not just on a Tuesday we shall continue to campaign!!! I think this place would become really busy.

Room Tip: We did stay in the Hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have just returned from a lovely break at the Crown Hotel, Penrith. We wanted a quiet and scenic place and that's what we found in THE CROWN. Fantastic food, was there on Thai night OMG. Best food ever! I should know I have been to Phuket and Bangkok several times. Landlord really friendly, nothing too much trouble. Décor slightly dated but clean and tidy so that was ok with me. Room and bed comfy everything I needed. Good location for walks. The only thing that spoilt it was a loud group of coast to coast cyclists very demanding, abusive and rude with their total disregard of other customers. But I wouldn't let them put me off going again as they only stayed one night. Highly recommended if you want a home from home and good bed and meal after a days walking. I'll be back!!

Room Tip: We had a 4 poster bed - amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dawn r
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

While the Crown Hotel is never going to be competing with the 5*luxury you expect from a hotel on a white sanded beach it does serve a purpose. Following a 55 mile ride from St Bees it was a welcomed sight, personally i had a lovely welcome from the Thai lady behind the bar who welcomed me into the pub and thrust a pint in my hand before I could say take my bike as payment ! Food service was slow but cooked by the Thai lady again for 18 weary souls and a well done is deserved for that alone. Yes the odd cock up but nobody passed away while waiting. I think the delay was an order taking issue and it happens in the best restaurants from time to time. The place could certainly do with a make over and working tv's in the room would be good. Consideration on the hot water situation should also be made, nothing worse than angry cyclists wanting to soak their aching bodies ! Would I go there again to stay for the night, probably not, would I go again for some Thai food? Yes I would, and this from a man who has done the Thai street food and off the beaten track Thai food shacks in Phuket

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mrdanmcd
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Four of us stayed here recently and found it just as we imagined - built in 1770 with plenty of character. A very pretty area, close to the lakes. We had a room with a four poster bed, in keeping with the hotel's character. Whilst we were there, we enjoyed watching the Salsa dancing and the following night, Tango night. We were enchanted watching everyone enjoying themselves. Unlike the recent vitriolic review I read on this page, we had plenty of hot water. I could, however, picture the scene of someone standing in the shower cold and naked. Bet the resident friendly ghost was enjoying it too..... I have to add that the Thai food is excellent. Never had better so well worth a visit on 'Thai Night'

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christina65969
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

I'm struggling to find the words to describe 'The Crown' but regal it isn't.... the place is so tired that it really needs to be closed and refurbished before any more paying customers cross the threshold. After a 60 mile cycle across the Lakes from St Bees, not being able to even wash as there was no water is unacceptable, the bar area and dining room was OK but the bedroom appeared dirty due to the stained carpet and exhausted decor. My Thai meal was fine, but several of our party of 18 got the wrong meals, or received the main but no rice or rice but no main etc, the last main course was finally served at almost 10.30pm when we were booked to eat at 8pm. Until it's refurbished I recommend you stay somewhere else!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

#1 of 1 in Pooley Bridge
Scafell Hotel
Scafell Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosthwaite

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!