On arrival we where given Lodge number 84 vip with a hot tub. The interior of the lodge was outdated, and light shades missing of living room lights, on the bathroom cabinet there was blue tack instead of a catch to hold the door shut. The electric went off and the hot tub did not work as the controls were broken on it. Not much storage in main bedroom, no drawers for clothing I would of. We were given a choice to move to another Lodge number 82 vip which was much better, hot tub worked fine and we were always in it several times a day over 7 days. The two twin rooms have plenty of storage space and drawers and big wardrobe for clothing the lodge was great despite issues with first Lodge the 2nd Lodge was great and would recommend number 82 vip Lodge will be def coming back. Very nice for a quiet holiday as it is very remote, boot and shoe in Greystoke amazing for food. Lovely scenery and walks, there is a forest nearby and it's lovely.
The staff at thanet well are very polite and welcoming. The shop on the site doesn't stock that much but Morrisons is about 15min drive at penrith.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thanetwell Lodge is a beautiful self catering Scandinavian style wooden lodge situated in the heart of the Northern Lakes surrounded by unspoiled countryside and fantastic views. it is the ideal base for countryside pursuits or just somewhere to “get away from it all”... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Thanet Well Lodge Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thanetwell Hotel Greystoke
- Thanet Well Lodge Retreat Greystoke, Cumbria